• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
tlcmd

Outlook Express Questions

2 posts in this topic

I am currently running Windows XP SP-3 and using Outlook Express (6) for my email. In the switch Microsoft made from Outlook Express to Outlook I am left with folders and emails within those folder which are still on Outlook Express (computer based ) that did not get transferred to Outlook (web based). My 10 year old PC is at the max for hardware upgrades.

Obviously, there is going to come a time in the near future when I am going to have to upgrade to the newer Windows (8.1) and also, due to the increased hardware requirements for the upgraded software), have to upgrade to a new computer and no longer have those left over computer based OE6 folders and emails.

My Question: what do I do to put and/or keep those OE6 folders and emails in Outlook??

An additional question, if you please: My current Outlook does not save my "sent" emails in the sent folder. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,

tlcmd (aka Dick)

Talking about this "newish" Outlook?

www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407888,00.asp

Accessed via "Live"... (just tried it). AUTOMATICALLY changed me over! (THAT sux!)

WOOHOO!

I have NO CLUE!

There IS a FAQ, though...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-email/frequently-asked-questions-for-outlookcom/806676a2-ec0b-4fb9-bdfe-fc23c5596738

that did not get transferred to Outlook

Is THIS how you tried to do it? It's an Add-On of some kind -

https://col0-sec.mail.live.com/mail/MailMigrationSelectAccount.aspx?mms=client

I have NO DESIRE to transfer my stuff for a "test" since I have LOADS of GMAIL stuff in my OE6. Sorry, but you're kind of on your own (at least by me).