Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

"Slipstreamable" Intel Chipset INF Drivers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 811 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09

Donator

http://www.tmeeco.eu...EL_INF_98SE.ZIP

This link should last a while, with minor unavailability issues (home hosted server)

Thanks! :thumbup

You're becoming the new MDGx for Windows 9x.  :lol:

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

TmEE

TmEE

Mega Drive Modding Master

• PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08

I am more than willing to store any kind of 9x related stuff. There's 700GB of space and no bandwidth limits, besides that I got only 20MBit upstream (and 150MBit downstream).

All served by Win98SE too :P

Posted Image Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 811 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09

Donator

"The file C:\WININSTO.400\machine2.inf couldn't be opened. The file is missing or corrupted....SU0410".

Reproduced this error on a VM. I have removed some unnecessary entries for testing and it prevents the error on my VM.

This is the first such problem I have seen with an INF size smaller than 64KB. The real "limit" must lie somewhere in between 63KB and 64KB.

I did some experiments the other day to try and pin down the exact "INF size limit" in bytes. Unfortunately, an exact byte limit does not seem to be the problem. Apparently, any text coming after a "comment" ( ; ) is either NOT counted toward whatever limit is being triggered, or is counted differently than text that is not commented, so the actual file size byte count may not be a reliable indicator of whether the INF will work or not.

I removed similar amounts of "commented" and "uncommented" text from the earlier INF that had the problem, and got different results for each experiment despite the overall size reduction being similar.

More experiments might be revealing in the end, but it looks like this may be a "trial and error" issue for any future changes to this project or other INF projects.

Edited by LoneCrusader, 29 October 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Steven W

Steven W

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Joined 02-June 06

Oops, wrong place.

Edited by Steven W, 26 January 2014 - 01:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN