Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Is there a better "nLite-like" program than nLite?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

mrbigmouth502

mrbigmouth502

• 25 posts
I've been using nLite to create unattended installation discs for years, and it's a great program, but from what i understand it hasn't been updated in years and thus it struggles with some of the newer hotfixes. Is there a newer, better program out there that basically does the same thing so that I can create an XP install disc with all the latest updates? I hate updating through Windows Updates because it takes forever and I find that systems that have been updated in this manner tend to run slower than those that have had their updates slipstreamed.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,392 posts

Donator

Do you use ENU updates in Canada? If so just go to my site, http://xdot.tk/updates.html, download and run the UDC script and you will have all the high-priority updates ready to be slipstreamed.

Edited by -X-, 09 July 2013 - 11:53 PM.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

mrbigmouth502

mrbigmouth502

• 25 posts
I think those updates should work. :D I just wonder though, are those the only updates I'll need? I run Avast and I have a decent hardware firewall.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,392 posts

Donator

Yes, when you install with the updates from the UDC script, the only thing that will show in Windows Update is the Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,155 posts
Word of caution.... After selecting the Updates form -X- UDC, select ALL (Including the IE8 Add-on) but the IE8 Updates, sort by Ascending Date, THEN select the IE8 Updates.

Rationale -
1 - nLite woks best when Updates are installed oldest-to-newest
2 - IE8 needs integrated BEFORE IE8 Updates (also in date order but may be unnecessary).
Ref - http://www.msfn.org/...pdatesie8wmp11/
Simply ignore the part about WMP11. The link I gave is "Integration For Dummies" step-by-step detail. You should understand what I just said though since you've already used it.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,392 posts

Donator

The IE8 add-on always processes first. Try it. Put it last on the list with the IE8 updates above it. ;)

Edited by -X-, 11 July 2013 - 12:47 AM.

thundernetbr

thundernetbr

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Patrons,

do you have localized versions of your tool ? Or is it easy to edit and somehow 'adapt' it to download updates in foreign languages, like Brazilian Portuguese ?

Thanks a lot,

--ThundernetBR

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H & Asus K8VSE Deluxe - AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition (2700 MHz, 64-bit, socket AM2+) & AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2200 MHz, 64-bit, socket 754) - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR2 PC6400 & 2x 512MB Kingston DDR400 - Onboard ATI Radeon HD3200 & GeXCube ATI Radeon 9600Pro 256MB AGP 8X - Windows 7 x64 and XP SP3 Tweaked - and eventually Linux live CDs...

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,224 posts

Some info here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN