IPB Update July 2013 (to version 3.4.5)

folks please... only bugs and suggestions. Short and simple. It is hard to me to find the way through all those post.

Bugs, suggestions, observations and please be short and simple.

Thanks.

I find fonts in "quotes" hard to read. Would it be possible to increase contrast between the font and background?

This is hard to read because the font colour is too light.

Edited by tomasz86

I see 34 pages from "Deeper Impressions" have gone walkabout??

See Post #14 above. Repeat posting by same person "scrunches" them without intervening header/footer since it's the same Member, thus reducing the number of pages.

Edit - Huh! Nope, they're there! Maybe because the header/footer of posts has changed size? Errr. was this the one that had some posts split out to another Topic? :unsure:

Edited by submix8c

While the previous version of the board software was painful for me to use for post formating, primarily due to the lack of tab alignment, I was able to work (imperfectly) around it.

However the new version drops my post formatting halfway through my guide thereby turning it into a real dog's breakfast:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/105277-howto-create-a-fully-up-to-date-xp-x64-dvd/

I know you're hard at work on the new upgrade, and with any "upgrade" there are bound to be plenty of glitches. Hopefully at least the database errors will be solved. :thumbup

Issues:

When quoting someone, their entire post is displayed as a "block" rather than plain text with Quote tags and one cannot easily separate parts of it to avoid unnecessary redundancy or to address specific points. It also cannot be simply "copied" and reused because when copied, the quote tags are lost.

Sometimes the cursor is lost when posting, and only switching to another active window and then returning to the browser will make it reappear. (Firefox 3.6.28)

I hope the topic Subtitles can be reinstated, I think they are very useful and should not be removed.

Sometimes there are very valid reasons for creating back-to-back separate posts. Granted, it should not be "abused," but the board should not auto-merge them by default either. This is what we have Moderators for.

Please return to the previous theme (or similar) as soon as possible.
<rant> I know it's not your fault xper :} , but why do these board upgrades always have to break the previous theme? :realmad: </rant>

Edited by LoneCrusader

I know it is something a user probably doesn't care about... :whistle:

But I think it would be nice if the link to the forum rules were up top someplace. It took me forever to realise where the link was... WAAAY at the bottom. :sneaky:

Otherwise, I think it looks pretty cool so far. Especially since the design is different than other boards of this version I frequent. :thumbup

folks please... only bugs and suggestions. Short and simple. It is hard to me to find the way through all those post.

Bugs, suggestions, observations and please be short and simple.

Thanks.

Sorry xper, all along I was only reporting what appeared to be bugs or glitches so that they could be attended to at some point.

But thanks for asking politely :yes:, and good luck with the upgrade as it continues.

BTW, the Forum is looking visually better than earlier this morning. And I do like it that you can now delete words by using CTRL-Del, it does simplify that aspect of posting.

--JorgeA