IPB Update July 2013 (to version 3.4.5)

I think Microsoft Adventure was the first, all right.

And, yes, that was the very 1st Larry. It changed the way one woud confront a game, it realy was a change of cognitive paradigm, that one was. And it also helped a lot to learn the correct code spelunking frame-of-mind. I started playing it on a green-only monitor... the day I 1st played it in color it was so much easier!!!

And, then, there was the original Prince of Persia, too...

@dencorso

Since you are around here, maybe you could contribute to help Xper in setting the board properly.

The present thread has IMHO become a senseless "Post anything that crosses your mind about the new board change", whilst what Xper would probably appreciate would be TWO threads:

1. IPB Update July 2013 - BUGS
  2. IPB Update July 2013 - WISHES

Where of course the first one should contain ONLY BUGS and ONLY a single bug per post, and the second one wishes, i.e. things that THOUGH NOT being a BUG, do represent something that can be bettered.

This way I guess it would be easier to give priority to solving the bugs and later get to the wishes/betterings.

You could close this thread with a post with pointers to the two new threads and people that already posted here may re-post on the appropriate thread in as short as possible form the whatever they already posted here, this way Xper would have a nice shortlist of the issues.

Just an idea of course.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

I'm for giving xper a respite. I say, let's sit tight and wait, say, a whole week, before bothering xper. Let's let him do what's pressing 1st.

Have you ever seen a more painless board software update than this one? Remeber boot-land. Provided we don't end up with a skin like their current and all those bugs, all is well. In any case, wishes can be left for next week. BUGS, on the other hand, ought to be listed. If the OP agrees, I may lock this thread after he opens a new one, with BUGS on the title. If not, the current thread goes on. @CharlotteTheHarlot: what do you say?

I'm for giving xper a respite. I say, let's sit tight and wait, say, a whole week, before bothering xper. Let's let him do what's pressing 1st.

Have you ever seen a more painless board software update than this one? Remeber boot-land. Provided we don't end up with a skin like their current and all those bugs, all is well. In any case, wishes can be left for next week. BUGS, on the other hand, ought to be listed. If the OP agrees, I may lock this thread after he opens a new one, with BUGS on the title. If not, the current thread goes on. @CharlotteTheHarlot: what do you say?

The point was NOT about putting any kind of pressure on Xper :), it was about providing him with a clear, synthetic list of bugs (separated from wishes) and of wishes (separated from bugs) so that when he will be able/willing to fix the one or the other he will have a useful checklist.

The thread as is now seems to me a mishmash, including oT (on Topic) comments AND OT (OFF Topic) ones, i.e. something completely different from what Xper asked originally for:

folks please... only bugs and suggestions. Short and simple. It is hard to me to find the way through all those post.

Bugs, suggestions, observations and please be short and simple.

Thanks.

jaclaz