Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

this forum - how to change skin?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

BTW IMHO the current MSFN theme is not at all that bad :), the only really senseless setting :ph34r: is the "quoted" text having been dimmed/faded into the background to such an extent that is HARDLY readable (if readable at all).
It really hurts my eyes.

Agreed that this one at MSFN is getting better, and especially agree about the quotes!

The quotes are the biggest headache but there is at least one more issue. The fonts have become smaller compared to the old theme. 11px fonts are used in many places where the old theme used 12px fonts. I personally prefer larger font sizes (there's a reason why 100% font size for browsers usually means 16px) but apart from my personal preferences I can't really see any valid reason to use anything smaller than 12px which itself may be difficult to read, especially for people with not-so-great eyesight :ph34r:

Font sizes on websites should be defined in % / em instead of px anyway...

that rule may worth for phisycal (or whatever its spelled)- solid books
but for monitors you can't tell me that THAT is practical

Maybe not practical but long lines are really difficult to read... Just have a look at my website in its current form (I'm preparing a new version at the moment):

http://windows2000.tk

There's no fixed width set so it will be stretched as much as possible. Frankly speaking, it looks awful on a wide screen display and the text is difficult to read, isn't it? :P

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

vinifera

vinifera

<)))><

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

it looks awful on a wide screen display and the text is difficult to read, isn't it?

not to me
as I have zoomed page for bigger fonts (and if you'd increase your font size too, 1em should do it, you'd get same result)

some words are pushed to next line

thus instead having 4 lines and small text as is now originaly

I have 5 lines and bigger/readable letters

and my resolution isn't big at all, its 1600x900 with 125% DPI

so who ever has 1080p (and they are more common) and sadly 100% (default) DPI is screwed as you say looks awful on wide screen

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

@vinifera You're 100% right but my goal is to make it look good without being forced to rely on zooming -_- The default font currently used is set to 81.3% (13px) while in the new version I'm working on now it's going to be 106.3% (17px).

vinifera

vinifera

<)))><

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

its a simple fix

make page content centered, and make it take 80% of screen
something like this forum has

then as suggested increase your font's (i use em's)

that way it will all scale better as there is no perfect solution

(check your PM)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN