Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

IPB Update July 2013 (to version 3.4.5) - SUGGESTIONS Only

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,151 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01

Please suggestions and wishes only, short and simple.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Become an MSFN Sponsor Now! Keep Up MSFN Running

Read MSFN Forum Rules
Not a member? Donate here!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,060 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

put the Mark Community Read at the top of the New content search results to make it easier to mark all topics read.

Posted Image

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,151 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01

Done!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read MSFN Forum Rules

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
Please increase font size to at least 12px or larger:

N3B26Vh.png]
Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,847 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

The background color/image of the search field matches the currently selected color scheme. It might be helpful if it were set to an opposite color (white vs dark schemes) so that people know where it is. It does not immediately stand out that there is a search field up there.

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,060 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

Done!

thanks this is much better.
Posted Image

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,810 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03

On the mobile section can you place the recent posts button in the middle?

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,414 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

This...

5Sqz6CO.png

Is too light. I have to squint to read it.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,151 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01

Please increase font size to at least 12px or larger:

N3B26Vh.png]

Done!

Read MSFN Forum Rules

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,151 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01

This...

5Sqz6CO.png

Is too light. I have to squint to read it.

Done!

Read MSFN Forum Rules

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10

Thanks a lot, xper! It's much better now :thumbup

Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,151 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01

The background color/image of the search field matches the currently selected color scheme. It might be helpful if it were set to an opposite color (white vs dark schemes) so that people know where it is. It does not immediately stand out that there is a search field up there.

Done!

Read MSFN Forum Rules

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,847 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Another request. Can you disable the showing of search bots in the "users are reading this topic" portion below a thread? I know it is an important thing for you (admin) to be able to see what search bots are visiting the forum, but I doubt it has much use for the regular users.

msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,889 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

When you have time, please do bring back the "Delete My Cookies" option in the forums' footer menu, or, even better, add it to the "More" tab, on the top menu. It sure is handy, but there's no hurry at all, of course!

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 812 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09

Donator

Can we get a "Forum Home" link somewhere at the bottom of pages? I had gotten used to having it there to click on when I had read to the bottom of a thread.

From the last upgrade.. requesting again :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a link back to the board index at the bottom. I didn't realize it was a link at first. :blushing:

Edited by LoneCrusader, 15 July 2013 - 10:10 PM.

JorgeA

JorgeA

FORMAT B: /V /S

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,169 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

xper,

Thank you VERY much for improving the contrast in quoted text, it's much much easier to read quotes now. :thumbup

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA, 17 July 2013 - 10:48 AM.

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,414 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

I really don't like the fact that it now takes 2 clicks instead of 1 to mark forums read.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,847 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

For the "friends online" widget at the top, is it possible to change the background color of the number bubble? It being red makes me think there's a problem, like I got a PM or there is a report. Maybe it can be green or something?

msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

JorgeA

JorgeA

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,169 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Is there a way to have hyperlinked text show up in blue in the final post, like before? (Without having to tweak it manually and every time, that is.) Or maybe some color that offers greater contrast to the default text color? Right now, it shows up on my screen in black, the same color as regular text (maybe a wee bit stronger, but hard to tell the difference without looking closely at it). Thus, without hovering over it it's hard to tell at a glance whether this or this is a link.

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA, 22 July 2013 - 10:57 AM.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10

Is there a way to have hyperlinked text show up in blue in the final post, like before? (Without having to tweak it manually and every time, that is.) Or maybe some color that offers greater contrast to the default text color? Right now, it shows up on my screen in black, the same color as regular text (maybe a wee bit stronger, but hard to tell the difference without looking closely at it). Thus, without hovering over it it's hard to tell at a glance whether this or this is a link.

--JorgeA

It looks like this for me:

cJBcICD.png

Are you using a non-default theme?
Posted Image

JorgeA

JorgeA

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,169 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

--JorgeA

It looks like this for me:

cJBcICD.png

Are you using a non-default theme?

A non-default theme? I didn't even know that I could change it!  :)

So I guess that the answer is -- no, I'm using whatever the default is. FWIW, that's on IE8.

--JorgeA

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 31-January 07

Donator

It would be nice if unread posts in a thread were marked as such somehow. While the "take me to the first unread post" link in front of a thread name works 99% of the time, it would still be nice to have a visual indicator inside a thread.

JorgeA

JorgeA

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,169 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Regarding the issue of the coloring of hyperlinks, I made a screenshot of a post that includes how it looks both in the reply box and in the preview pane. If it comes out for you the way I see it on my screen, you'll see that the hyperlinked text in the reply box has good contrast (blue hyperlink vs. black text), but then it reverts to black in the preview pane and is difficult to tell apart from the regular text around it:

Attached File  Hyperlinks.jpg   96.04KB   2 downloads

The factors that save the situation in this case are that the hyperlinked text is in bold in a different typeface and larger point size. Still, the screenshot illustrates the issue of blue vs. black for hyperlinks. If the linked text were in the middle of a paragraph and matching the format of the surrounding text, it would be awfully difficult to know that it's a hyperlink rather than merely underlined text, and so the reader wouldn't necessarily know that it's clickable.

What can be done about this, either at the user (my) end or at the programming end?

--JorgeA

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,414 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Can we remove the user profile link in the topic notification emails? I'm always clicking on the **** thing instead of the link to the thread. It's all the way on top making it an easy target unless you take time to think about it.
such and such (http://www.msfn.org/...er/126926-blah/) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "such and such"

Edited by -X-, 18 August 2013 - 09:24 PM.

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,414 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Can we please get 3 or 5 minutes before a post shows as edited? I'll settle for 1 minute! No? 30 seconds? I hate that nasty edited thing. :)

Everyone makes typos and grammar errors.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users