At the beginning of June I applied the /cleanviews switch to Outlook. I then created a general custom View and applied it across all folders of all four company mailboxes that (as office manager) I monitor. This worked fine.
But not quite. The Views are slippery creatures. They will be fine for a few days but at seemingly-random intervals - as this morning - the mailboxes belonging to two of the accounts (my bosses') revert spontaneously to the ugly, busy default View. Sometimes the fourth mailbox (our enquiries box, which is not associated with any PC or login) also reverts.
It's very time consuming to have to restore the views to the ones I need to see. Is there any way of making my chosen Views stick? Why do they come 'unstuck' in the first place?
- Windows 7 Professional, SP1.
- Outlook 2013 via a cloud-based mail system.
- Three mail accounts open in Outlook, three logged-on users.
- Fourth, 'enquiries' mailbox with no associated computer or user.
- Each of the three users has full access to all four mailboxes.
- All three machines are shut down each night via either hibernation or full shutdown.
- I am the only user who modifies their Views.
Edited by skylark53, 15 July 2013 - 05:12 AM.