Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

CompUser

CompUser

• 34 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Microsoft is releasing it's first major new build for the Windows 10 Technical Preview (Build 9860) today, and will push it out via Windows Update during the next few days (nights). Or it can be downloaded and installed manually via PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Preview Builds.  Microsoft says the download size will vary from 2 Gb to 2.7 Gb. I think I'm downloading it now, but there's no indicator of progress other than the spinning-circle-of-dots thingy. Oops, the circle-of-dots thingy just stopped spinning, and has been replaced by an "Install now" button. Wish me luck.

Edited by CompUser, Yesterday, 03:58 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

CompUser

CompUser

• 34 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Oh well, StartIsBack didn't work after installing the new build, so I was going to uninstall and reinstall it. Of course, it uninstalled with no problem, but the installation program won't run so I can't reinstall it. I've tried troubleshooting compatibility, telling it to run as Windows 8, but no go. I just can't get past the "This version of StartIsBack is not intended for this Windows version" error. (Even downloading a fresh copy of the installer didn't work like it did with the first build.)

gsilvap

gsilvap

• 25 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

hi Tihiy, 

how are you?

for when a new beta for windows 10?

i have one bug with lastest release:

9PNwrPP.jpg

any suggestions?

Keep the good work!!!

PS.: If you need help with translation to Portuguese of Portugal send me a PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Its back... again!, windows 8 themes, windows 8.1 themes, windows 8 visual styles, windows 8.1 visual styles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users