One of the win7 startmenu bugs is still not fixed. The startmenu should be aligned with the taskbar, not over it.

One other thing I noticed is that installing dropbox with SiB active didn't restart the explorer, and when I did manually, SiB didn't came back until a relog. Which process would I have to start to get the SiB taskbar back in such a case?

@xpclient: here's a sample of "all at once (focus search)". The other one shows the charm bar on the right side instead.

One of the win7 startmenu bugs is still not fixed. The startmenu should be aligned with the taskbar, not over it.

One other thing I noticed is that installing dropbox with SiB active didn't restart the explorer, and when I did manually, SiB didn't came back until a relog. Which process would I have to start to get the SiB taskbar back in such a case?

@xpclient: here's a sample of "all at once (focus search)". The other one shows the charm bar on the right side instead.

I didn't see it as a bug on Windows 7 and still don't, what would be the point in having it aligned along side the taskbar, it's not like you need to use the taskbar when you have the start menu open and nor can you anyway, can you give an example how this would be beneficial at all?

I didn't see it as a bug on Windows 7 and still don't, what would be the point in having it aligned along side the taskbar, it's not like you need to use the taskbar when you have the start menu open and nor can you anyway, can you give an example how this would be beneficial at all?

You do realize that exact argument was one of the arguments used by microsoft to justify the start screen... do you? ^^

Anyway, it is a positioning bug since in horizontal taskbar placement the startmenu does not overlay the taskbar. Only in vertical ones. It also looks fairly ugly from the design standpoint.

edit: just look at this comparison. Personally, it looks more neat the way I'd like to have it. Since tihiy is not bound by Microsoft's code anymore, we might as well do that, unless he doesn't want to bother.

@tihiy, thanks for fixing the order of the shutdown options btw :]

Edited by Soukyuu

You do realize that exact argument was one of the arguments used by microsoft to justify the start screen... do you? ^^

Anyway, it is a positioning bug since in horizontal taskbar placement the startmenu does not overlay the taskbar. Only in vertical ones. It also looks fairly ugly from the design standpoint.

edit: just look at this comparison. Personally, it looks more neat the way I'd like to have it. Since tihiy is not bound by Microsoft's code anymore, we might as well do that, unless he doesn't want to bother.

@tihiy, thanks for fixing the order of the shutdown options btw :]

I agree from a design standpoint but in the first post you mentioned it as a bug, which it isn't, but I think your correct, it does look much nicer along side the taskbar and if Tihiy can do that with a fair amount of ease then yeah I say go for it.

+BETA 2 is here

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupBETA.exe

- New: clicking bottom-left corner with mouse wheel button shows Start menu- Fixed configurator not remembering recent programs count- Fixed configurator crash once- Fixed Run / Help items not localized- Fixed taskbar on Start screen / Everything at once not working if login is to Start screen

This is great. Now I can still use Modern UI with touchscreen on my tablet and still have normal start menu when tablet is docked with mouse connected. Great choice to let Start menu open even when Start button is hidden - I still can click in the corner. I used my available StartIsBack activations already. I guess I will buy next license just for it. :)

Edited by 0upa3

This is great. Now I can still use Modern UI with touchscreen on my tablet and still have normal start menu when tablet is docked with mouse connected. Great choice to let Start menu open even when Start button is hidden - I still can click in the corner. I used my available StartIsBack activations already. I guess I will buy next license just for it. :)

Did you try 'Everything at once' function with tablet Windows key? You don't have to buy new license, just e-mail me.

Edited by Tihiy

Did you try 'Everything at once' function with tablet Windows key?

Yes. Unfortunately it is not working. I hold the Windows key for a while and when I release it nothing happens or it switches back to Start screen. The tablet dock keyboard Windows key is working.

You don't have to buy new license, just e-mail me.

I don't think so. I own license for 2 computers and StartIsBack is installed on 2 computers now.

Did you try 'Everything at once' function with tablet Windows key?

Yes. Unfortunately it is not working. I hold the Windows key for a while and when I release it nothing happens or it switches back to Start screen. The tablet dock keyboard Windows key is working.

That sucks. Seems that tablet windows key does not distinguish pressed state at all.