Everything works, except for one small bug. When I enable "everything at once", my Logitech t650 touchpad 3 finger up gesture (opens start screen) gets a 1-2 seconds delay before it opens up the start screen. Not sure why this happens, but it only happens when I have that feature of SIB enabled.

Everything works, except for one small bug. When I enable "everything at once", my Logitech t650 touchpad 3 finger up gesture (opens start screen) gets a 1-2 seconds delay before it opens up the start screen. Not sure why this happens, but it only happens when I have that feature of SIB enabled.

It's 300ms actually. I can't distiguish tablet keyboard from other keyboards reliably (i don't want to hardcode "GPIO buttons" although it could work). I guess i'll make a separate setting for everything-at-once for tablet. It would be nice to offer e-a-o for touchpads, but they're all too different unfortunately. :no:

Edited by Tihiy

+BETA 4

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupBETA.exe

This is the last beta planned.

General:

- Start button now supports non-square images

- "Everything at once" is configured separately for tablets

- Improved/fixed some "Taskbar on Start screen" functionality

Right side:
- Added SkyDrive to the right side of menu
- Restored Windows Security on the right side for RDP sessions
- Reordered right side items around a bit
- Custom folders now can be configured from configurator

I want to hear your opinion about right side items which are shown by default.

Which ones are the most useful? How about adding Run by default? Network? Downloads? SkyDrive? Hiding some items like Help and Support?

Edited by Tihiy

Nice to see all the extra options for the start menu, I am sure this will be useful for some, I think the default items should pretty much remain as they are and just leave the rest as user configurable, I am still waiting for the ability to have different default pane sizes for the log off and search areas though, have you made any progress in that area or have you decided not to change that now, there was also the default pane size for the search results window as well not being read from the msstyles.

Hi, Tihiy

Nice to see StartIsBack+ with many newly added useful features, but there's only one thing I noticed when you open all programs and right click on an empty area, the last accessed items will be selected automatically although the cursor is away from it and the Properties context menu is shown, and some times the first item is selected automatically .. Although this is not of that important but it was not there in sib 2.1 and all previous versions.

I am currently using StartIsBack on Windows 8 Pro installed from a DVD purchased from a retail computer shop.

When the free upgrade to Windows 8.1 becomes available, I will be doing a clean install of this from disk.

Will StartIsBackPlus be free as an upgrade in this situation and loaded as a stand alone installation?

Can I use the same activation key for the Plus version that I purchased with the original StartIsBack? Or do I need to apply for a new one when I get the final release of StartIsBackPlus?

I am currently using StartIsBack on Windows 8 Pro installed from a DVD purchased from a retail computer shop.

When the free upgrade to Windows 8.1 becomes available, I will be doing a clean install of this from disk.

Will StartIsBackPlus be free as an upgrade in this situation and loaded as a stand alone installation?

Can I use the same activation key for the Plus version that I purchased with the original StartIsBack? Or do I need to apply for a new one when I get the final release of StartIsBackPlus?

You can use same key.

No love for the vertical taskbar users? I don't think adding an option to display start menu aligned with the taskbar would take too much effort.

I'll add a hidden option. Even though I don't like this idea.

Hi, Tihiy

Nice to see StartIsBack+ with many newly added useful features, but there's only one thing I noticed when you open all programs and right click on an empty area, the last accessed items will be selected automatically although the cursor is away from it and the Properties context menu is shown, and some times the first item is selected automatically .. Although this is not of that important but it was not there in sib 2.1 and all previous versions.

That's a glitch of 8.1 being forced into 'touch mode'. Let's hope such bugs will be fixed in RTM.

You can use same key.

Thank you for that information. Without StartIsBack I never would have bought Windows 8. And would not have used the free Windows 8.1 Upgrade if StartIsBackPlus was not available. I have no use for Modern Start Screen or Apps and totally avoid both on boot up. So thank you so much for creating this Start/Menu option. It is the only true replication of Windows 7 legacy Start Orb/Alpha numeric cascaded menu. Cheers PB :yes:

One other question. When I install StartIsBackplus on Windows 8.1 what function does the newly added Windows Start button on bottom left task bar perform?

Edited by PoppaBear