I recently ran CCleaner on my machine and have lost the frequent programs list on the menu. Is there a setting for this or do I need to run the app a certain number of times before it appears? I have checked the box "Display frequently used modern apps" but that hasn't changed anything. Tried changing the "display apps" setting from 10 to 9 hoping a change may trigger it but no change

Did I mess something up?

Paul

I recently ran CCleaner on my machine and have lost the frequent programs list on the menu. Is there a setting for this or do I need to run the app a certain number of times before it appears? I have checked the box "Display frequently used modern apps" but that hasn't changed anything. Tried changing the "display apps" setting from 10 to 9 hoping a change may trigger it but no change

Did I mess something up?

Paul

Check advanced - Store and display recently used programs

Version +1.5RC

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupRC.exe

- Option to use multi-column flyout menus
- Customize icon / delete Start Apps folder from its context menu

For broad testing, this version is being offered as the update to all SIB+ versions (only in configuration tool, not via toast).

Edited by Tihiy

Did I mess something up?

Paul

Check advanced - Store and display recently used programs

Those are both checked yet still no programs display. I tried opening Excel four times in a row and it doesn't display

Paul

After installing 1.5RC I have startscreen.exe running at all time. Is there a way to turn it off? Thanks!

It runs if 'When I hold Windows key' is set up. Also on tablets and some notebooks.

Those are both checked yet still no programs display. I tried opening Excel four times in a row and it doesn't display

Have you tried restarting?

Hi Tihiy!

I updated to 1.5RC, but it is not working, i lost the start menu. It just goes back to start screen.

I can open the StartIsBack Configuration window, but i can't open the start menu.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling and restarted several times. Do I have to enable something?

Thanks!

Update:

It is working now. I have to disable the "Enable bottom-left screen corner" on switching.

Is this the reason why sometimes the StartIsBack goes to start screen instead of showing the start menu? I have been having this issue on 1.0.5.

Edited by TakipSiLim

Is this the reason why sometimes the StartIsBack goes to start screen instead of showing the start menu? I have been having this issue on 1.0.5.

Yes, bottom-left corner overlapped with start button. Now it just always displays Start screen button if enabled.

Yes, bottom-left corner overlapped with start button. Now it just always displays Start screen button if enabled.

Thanks for confirming.

Maybe you should fix the bottom-left corner or just remove that option, to prevent others from having the same issue.

Thanks for this great program!

Cheers!

currently I try to use Aero Glass for Win8.1 by bigmuscle and SIB+ is not able to change taskbar color.

can someone tell me why this happen. thanks :)

You can't change color of the glass with SIB+.

ah, thanks Tihiy

I'm just a bit curious about it

I still can change start menu color, and disable translucency on both, taskbar and start menu doesn't give any effect (maybe same case with can't change color of glass)