All the items on Start Menu work fine when I click on them. However, there is something wrong with the next page of Start Menu. The font on the left side doesn't display properly. It looks broken and dim. Not sure if this happens to anyone else or not. But again, the applications all work fine when I run them there.

I temporarily disable SIB now.

So just disable transparency in StartIsBack and let AeroGlass handle it all.

Then when you unplug the start menu will also be solid.

I know about this. And that's it. I don't want solid start menu and taskbar background on battery. I would like to have standard Windows 8 non-blur transparency on battery, which is not handled by Aero Glass.

Aloha, on 03 Oct 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

All the items on Start Menu work fine when I click on them. However, there is something wrong with the next page of Start Menu. The font on the left side doesn't display properly. It looks broken and dim. Not sure if this happens to anyone else or not. But again, the applications all work fine when I run them there.
I temporarily disable SIB now.

got this too, also, cant delete items in that list anymore.

The new Start Menu of Windows is not transparent and I hate the way it picks its color when I change the wallpaper. I always choose Automatic in Color and Appearance, but have to choose other colors sometimes before the Start Menu can displays a matching color. It often appears dark gray while the theme has very different colors.

Hope there will be an update for SIB+ so that I can use it again. But take it easy, Tihiy!  

Well, I said wrong thing about the new start menu. It couldn't choose the correct color because I tried applying theme Aero RP at that time. I notice as now I use the default theme, it displays the color perfectly along with the wallpaper I change to.

Hi, is it possible to have the taskbar automatically hide in app mode (but appear when hovering the cursor), but not on the desktop? This was the default behavior before installing startisback

Edited by Mispeas69

I have a quick question for (prematurely) using StartIsBack with the Windows 10 Technical Preview. In Control Panel, Taskbar and Navigation, Start Menu tab, should "Use the Start menu instead of the Start screen" be checked or left unchecked?  I've tried both ways, but when it's checked I lose my monitors and they just start randomly flashing on and off if StartIsBack is installed. If it's unchecked, the desktop (with StartIsBack start menu) launches when I log on, but the start screen doesn't launch on the secondary monitor as is selected in the StartIsBack settings. The only way I can get to the Start Screen is to click the icon in the Start menu, then it opens on the primary monitor, replacing the desktop. Just curious if this is just me, or if this is typical. Thanks.

I think it should be free startisback. not much point in license.Windows 10 is now based.

why there is an update for startisback+?no option nothing?

Well the Windows 10 start menu still sucks IMO. You can't have a flyout control panel menu on the right column, or a Run item, or Recent items like you can with Windows 7 (and StartisBack).

Me, personally, I am going to use StartisBack unless Microsoft lets us pin items - including submenus like Control Panel and items like run - on the RIGHT column.

I don't mind the live tiles, but I want to be able to pin text based non-icon items too on the right like I can with SiB.

So, StartisBack still has a place in Windows 10, for people like me.

I think it should be free startisback. not much point in license.Windows 10 is now based.

Well the Windows 10 start menu still sucks IMO. You can't have a flyout control panel menu on the right column, or a Run item, or Recent items like you can with Windows 7 (and StartisBack).

Me, personally, I am going to use StartisBack unless Microsoft lets us pin items - including submenus like Control Panel and items like run - on the RIGHT column.

I don't mind the live tiles, but I want to be able to pin text based non-icon items too on the right like I can with SiB.

Why should it be free? Do you give your work away for free?

Why should it be free? Do you give your work away for free?

Where in my post did I say it should be free?

Start Is Back is a suitable name when we use it for Win 8/8.1, which doesn't have the start menu. As for Win TP, Tihiy will probably give it another name; Start10, or Start7for10, or even Tihiy's Start!

And if SIB has to be written new for Win 10, then it should be charged too when it is used on Win 10.