Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

• Please log in to reply
1241 replies to this topic

sup191

sup191
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12

This happens if you have UAC off and install SIB per-user. Fix either.

Wow.  Such an easy fix.  I can't believe I didn't think to even try that.  Thank you so much!  :thumbup

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

stelian88

stelian88

STELIAN

• 46 posts
  • Joined 07-February 13

startisback+1.7.5 is not compatible with windows 10 Technical preview build 10041. in windows 8.1 update is good. so far no problem :)

Radeon12345

Radeon12345
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 16-May 05

I am currently using 1.7 on 8.1 x64 and it works great, as has every previous version since Windows 8 came out. I upgraded to 1.7.5, the install went fine and it works but it reverts to a 30 day trial that has expired. I tried to activate it within the program and browser but neither work for some reason, it stays on the trial version. I don't get any errors or warnings when trying to activate, I click on activate, box goes, and it stays on the trial.

I reinstalled 1.7 over the top of 1.7.5 and that worked fine and is activated.

My Windows 8.1 x64 has all available updates installed.

Serial was purchased on the 20th Nov 2012.

Edited by Radeon12345, 05 April 2015 - 12:03 PM.

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • Joined 19-November 04

Donator

Try uninstalling with checkbox 'Remove settings with license data', then actvating new version.

If that doesn't help, write to support e-mail.

Radeon12345

Radeon12345
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 16-May 05

That worked fine thanks, I backed up my settings first via regedit, uninstalled with "Remove settings with license data" checked, installed 1.7.5 and that activated instantly, I then restored my backup settings.

Everything is working great, activated and my settings are as I left them.

Detection

Detection
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 23-July 12

Every reboot, the top of the screen becomes active again meaning I can grab and close the desktop as if it was native 8.1

Fresh Windows install does nothing to fix it, I have settings set to disable all active corners but have to enable and disable them every reboot

mNiosu

mNiosu
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-April 15

Will there be a version of StartIsBack for Windows 10? Can we expect partial support of current insider release on future version of StartIsBack?

Planning on buying Win10 but not keep that stupid menu and icons.

Edited by mNiosu, 07 April 2015 - 10:58 AM.

jake20

jake20
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-February 11

I have a strange issue.

I had SIB+ 1.75 trial installed. was working fine. It expired and then i purchased a single pc licensed copy.

I installed it, and it works on the admin account i used to install it, and it works on one non admin account on the same machine.

But for the other non admin account on this machine i get the NOT Activated message when logging in, and it wont activate for just this one account

It seems to work still, but the recent programs field is completely empty.

Does anyone know why it would work on 2 out of 3 accounts on this computer?

thanks

javierc

javierc
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-May 15
Hi, I have several PCs with the license and the same fault in all of which forces you to be constantly reinstalling the product, and still no problems are not solved:

1. startmenu icons disappear.
2. The recent menu does not refresh the list of recent documents also shown in English, not in the installed language is Spanish, and should recent show

Only the first problem is solved reinstalling the product, the second fail persist.

Why not update product to solve these problems and with have to be reinstalling constantly?

Thanks

KnightOrk

KnightOrk
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-May 15

I have the same problem like sup191 and Detection on WIndows 8.1 64Bit. 

all my "All Programs" items are gone - it's totally blank.  (see attachment)

Every reboot, the top of the screen becomes active again meaning I can grab and close the desktop as if it was native 8.1

So i also tryd this solutions:

This happens if you have UAC off and install SIB per-user. Fix either.

Try uninstalling with checkbox 'Remove settings with license data', then actvating new version.

If that doesn't help, write to support e-mail.

But nothing happend. I also try to install SIB for ALL Users, not only for me. Try to install it in different folder, cleaned my regestry as good as i can. But every time i install SIB I see configuration screen on start and empty programs and I can't move items in it.

Edited by KnightOrk, 02 May 2015 - 12:33 AM.

CompUser

CompUser

• 37 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Last Saturday, I went online to one of my favorite sports blog sites, and having noticed a dramatic slow-down in stories posted to the site over the past few weeks, I got the gut feeling that it was about to shut down. Later that day, it did just that. Each of the staff writers posted a farewell, and they shut the site down. Now I'm wondering if there's anything in development for StartIsBack on Windows 10, or if this is about to come to an end as well. So anyway, I have to ask, is there going to be a new version of StartIsBack for Windows 10? Thanks.

jarod99

jarod99
  • 3 posts
  • Joined Yesterday, 07:22 AM

25ovtld.jpg

Probably this post can appear twice becuase of my error:

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I've a problem with StartIsBack+ 1.7.5. Maybe someone have already explain this problem and someone fix it but I can't read 50 pages or also I don't know how to search on google to fix. So I ask you if there's someone that know how to fix it. I have it for 30 trial day and it's just over, so first to buy it I would know if problem can fix.

Thank you!

Edited by jarod99, Yesterday, 07:57 AM.

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

The Keeper of a lot of Useless Knowledge

• PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06

I'm not currently using Windows 8.1 - I'm using Windows 10 "Insider Preview".  I went to the trouble of installing an official ISO of Windows 8.1 x64 Pro, installing all the Microsoft Updates including optional ones except for the Skype one, and installed SiB v1.7.5, configured and activated it and I don't have any problems while using it.

I would suggest to those who are having problems with icons not showing up that it's something else causing the issue, not SiB.

jarod99

jarod99
  • 3 posts

Well, thank for you answer but until today it worked great! And I do all Microsoft Update and don't installed anything.

PS I have this problem with my sister's pc too.

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

The Keeper of a lot of Useless Knowledge

• PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06

Well, thank for you answer but until today it worked great! And I do all Microsoft Update and don't installed anything.

PS I have this problem with my sister's pc too.

That wasn't targeted specifically at you.  I don't even know what problem you're having with SiB.  If the problem can't be reproduced, however, then not even Bill Gates could fix it.  :)

I believe you and others that you're having trouble, but without knowing how to reproduce the same problem, I don't think there's much anyone can do.

You and others having trouble.  Tell me what steps to take on a fresh installed PC and I'll try to reproduce the problem.  LImited time offer, please no one reply in a month and ask me to.  :D

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

25ovtld.jpg

Probably this post can appear twice becuase of my error:

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I've a problem with StartIsBack+ 1.7.5. Maybe someone have already explain this problem and someone fix it but I can't read 50 pages or also I don't know how to search on google to fix. So I ask you if there's someone that know how to fix it. I have it for 30 trial day and it's just over, so first to buy it I would know if problem can fix.

Thank you!

This is normal after the free trial is over, get a license and you will see your pinned and recent programs again, or continue to use it like that and just use the all programs to search for your programs, here is another tip for you as well, right click on All Programs and select open, then open the programs folder, put your shortcuts to your programs in there and they will show at the top of the list in all programs.

jarod99

jarod99
  • 3 posts

Yeah, thanks! I try to modify my pc's date at 30 day back and after a reboot the icons work. So I'll buy it. Thank you for your answer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Its back... again!, windows 8 themes, windows 8.1 themes, windows 8 visual styles, windows 8.1 visual styles

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users