Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

modified system files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

vampyricus

vampyricus

• 13 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11

If I have modified system files and I want them to go into the windows install dvd ... I do have to mount the .wim to replace the old files, don't I ?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,964 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Probably. Windows protection would likely prevent you from replacing some of those files after the fact, or be restore from the store after a reboot.

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

No probably to it, YES

Best time and you will have to take permissions on some of those files to replace them even on the mounted image. I'm not sure whats up with that unless it is the mse I'm running or some secret background service. Just haven't had time to test and figure that out

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,964 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

No probably to it, YES

Best time and you will have to take permissions on some of those files to replace them even on the mounted image. I'm not sure whats up with that unless it is the mse I'm running or some secret background service. Just haven't had time to test and figure that out

I know what you are talking about. On some OSes, if I am working with a mounted image, *sometimes* it won't let me change some files. I have attributed this to Windows being "dumb" and treating any folder called System32 to be the one of the booted OS. :rolleyes:

But I rarely do any work using a Desktop OS (where this seems to happen most) and never have a problem modifying an image from a Server OS.

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users