Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Do i have USB 3.0

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Bad boy Warrior

Bad boy Warrior

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 03-February 05

I read around and a little confused if i have USB 3.0 or not. It doesnt have the blue receptacle but it does seem to have a USB 3.0 symbol (or what i think the symbol is) ..... i dont have a USB 3.0 device at present so cant test. I've attached an image of device manager and wondering if anyone can confirm?

Attached File  usb3.png   6.82KB   1 downloads

I say what I do and do what I mean - Heat

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 01-February 13
Your image clearly shows Intel® USB 3.0 blablabla so I guess so.

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

I read around and a little confused if i have USB 3.0 or not. It doesnt have the blue receptacle but it does seem to have a USB 3.0 symbol (or what i think the symbol is) ..... i dont have a USB 3.0 device at present so cant test. I've attached an image of device manager and wondering if anyone can confirm?

attachicon.gifusb3.png

Is this a Desktop or Lap? and if so what model?

Bad boy Warrior

Bad boy Warrior

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 03-February 05

Its a laptop - Dell Latitude E6530, i7, SSD

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Its a laptop - Dell Latitude E6530, i7, SSD

Says from Dell site that it has USB 3.0 and backlit keyboard etc. ==> http://www.dell.com/...titude-e6530/pd

Bad boy Warrior

Bad boy Warrior

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 03-February 05

Thanks, when i placed this order i customised it. When i checked with the Dell sales agent he advised its only USB 2.0 (I couldnt change it as the order was in process and forgot to mention this).... so just to make sure theres nothing in the image attached that would give me concrete evidence to say which it is? As im not sure if the link above refers to models that have not been customised?

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,972 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

You are using the built-in Microsoft driver. I think even on Windows 8, the Intel drivers do not install. I have heard some complaints of USB3 not working as expected (speed related) using the built-in drivers. I know the actual driver file names you need for this (iusb3xhc.inf and iusb3hub.inf) but not specifically which package (there are 2 different ones with the release of the 8 boards).

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

attachicon.gifusb3.png

Here is a free NirSoft standalone called "USBDeview" comes in x86-x64 flavors..DP :sneaky: 
http://www.nirsoft.n...vices_view.html

Edited by DosProbie, 23 July 2013 - 10:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users