Most data got damaged after converting FAT32 to NTFS

RYU81

I don't have issue in previous versions, after apply to convert the partition stop at 10% with error not enough memory "win XP 32bits" .then my partition converted NTFS but most data damage. I ask paragon but they never help for anything because they want serial no "I don't have it because I use that copy for my company" btw already I have same issue on other pc "win7 64bits"

any there any way to fix this???

I don't have issue in previous versions, after apply to convert the partition stop at 10% with error not enough memory "win XP 32bits" .then my partition converted NTFS but most data damage. I ask paragon but they never help for anything because they want serial no "I don't have it because I use that copy for my company" btw already I have same issue on other pc "win7 64bits"

any there any way to fix this???

Previous version of WHAT?

Converting WHAT?

What has Paragon to do with this?

How/Why/What company would be allowed to have a Paragon software without serial?

"other pc" really helps to understand the differences when compared to the "one pc". :w00t:

Standard litany:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

jaclaz

Previous version of WHAT?

What has Paragon to do with this?

I missed it at first. OP put the software name in a thread tag: Paragon Partition Manager 12. :sneaky:

Good :), but ALL the other questions and the "general advice" still stand, without my crystal ball (it's in the shop, again :() there is nothing I can do to help :unsure:.

jaclaz

thanks guys for trolling

Quote of the day:

Blow, blow, thou winter wind,

Thou art not so unkind

As mans ingratitude;

Thy tooth is not so keen,

Because thou art not seen,

Although thy breath be rude.

Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly:

Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:

Then, heigh-ho, the holly!

This life is most jolly.

Freeze, freeze, thou bitter sky,

That dost not bite so nigh

As benefits forgot:

Though thou the waters warp,

Thy sting is not so sharp

As friend remembered not.

Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly...

jaclaz

Sounds like you had an error, with the OS using a partitianing tool. You need to recover the data if any.

You can't make a partitian with any data on it, you have to move the data off, and backup before hand.

If not you can split partitian, transfer files over to the new side, and then repeat.

FAT32 is better at storing and data mangement. NTFS is good for big files like movies and film. Exfat is good for short term storage like converting files that becomes big and small alot ( like in a cell phone ).

Edited by ROTS

Maybe this?;

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/XP/Q_25116367.html#a26491751

[Note; that webpage 'Answers' may not be visible, and may have suggested incorrect

causes for the fault stated on that webpage.

Regardless of actual cause, that webpage OP stated the fault did not occur when he

placed his drive in a machine with 6GB (RAM, compared with 2GB in original machine),

and then successful conversion took place. Also stated he had files as large as

4,294,966,784 bytes. (= 4 GiB - 512 bytes).]

On future conversions (of drives other than that failed conversion drive, I mean), RYU81

should check if he has very large files whose any individual size is larger than the amount

of RAM in his computer.

Suggestion is also to run further conversions with /V switch , i.e.;

CONVERT volume /FS:NTFS [/V]

volume Specifies the drive letter (followed by a colon),

mount point, or volume name.

/FS:NTFS Specifies that the volume to be converted to NTFS.

/V Specifies that Convert should be run in verbose mode,

as that webpage OP stated "I ran convert with /V and it's printing the names of the

files as it converts (I'm not referring to the initial chkdsk phase). It seems to

have successfully scanned a large number of small files before it failed on the

first large file it encountered".

}Of Course, backing up data onto separate disk, before doing further conversions.{

In regard to RYU81 present time 'data damage' drive, well... remove it and connect

it as a non-booting drive in another system? try image it? and try examine it with

something like WinHex? to see if any of (both copies of) the FAT remain?

_

jaclaz said; "Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly.."

I still proffer;

"The woods are alluring, emerald dark and deep,

But possess I - immalleable - promises to keep,

And smoots to go till I may sleep,

And smoots to go till - I - may - sleep."

-buyerninety

Edited by buyerninety