• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
lwjohns

Post-SP2 Updates for Office 2010 (Updated 14 NOV 2015)

37 posts in this topic

Here are the update lists for Office 2010 SP2

Tested with the english version of Office 2010.  I have now moved/added some of the updates for non-english versions to a new category called Extra Updates as well as some updates not offered by Windows Update.

As the name suggests these updates are post SP2 updates. Office SP2 must be installed otherwise you may receive an error "The expected version of the product was not found on the system"

The list contains the updates for all editions of Office 2010.  If the edition you're using doesn't include components like Access, Outlook, Visio, Project, Infopath or Publisher, then there is no need to download or include those updates. 

KB2553092 is included as Windows Update still nags for installation even though it has been replaced by KB2825640

To integrate the updates into the installation media:

Extract the msp files from the update using the switch /extract:<location for extracted files> 

Copy the extracted msp files to the Updates subfolder under setup.exe

As SP2 needs to be installed before the post SP2 updates, you need to adjust the SP2 filenames so that they get applied first.

e.g. rename officesuiteww-x-none.msp to 1officesuiteww-x-none.msp

Also the proof-xx-xx.msp files from SP2 need to be included as well as the updated versions from the post SP2 proofing update.

e.g. rename proof-en-us.msp from SP2 to 1proof-en-us.msp, then add proof-en-us.msp from the latest update.

office2010-sp2-x86.ulz

office2010-sp2-x64.ulz

Edited by lwjohns

:blink:

outfltr2010-kb982726-fullfile-x86-glb.exe was not found on the remote server. this file will be skipped

:blink:

outfltr2010-kb982726-fullfile-x86-glb.exe was not found on the remote server. this file will be skipped

Sometimes towards the end of the month, Microsoft remove the junk email filter update from their servers. The updated version is then made available on Patch Tuesday.

If you try again after Patch Tuesday, then it should work - and you'll actually have the latest version.

Edited by lwjohns

Won't this list getting updated? :(

It was really a good project.

Hopefully soon. Have been busy moving house, waiting for internet to be connected, Christmas, New Year, catching up on backlog of jobs at work ...

lwjohns, ... , said:

Here are the update lists for Office 2010 SP2

Attached Files

zip.gif office2010-sp2-x64.ulz 4.11KB 10 downloads

zip.gif office2010-sp2-x86.ulz 4.12KB 30 downloads

Edited by lwjohns, 14 March 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Hello everyone,

If you have issue downloading "AdminTemplates_32bit.exe", like i had using the office2010-sp2-x86.ulz 14 March 2014,

follow this link .

L.E.: Thank you lwjohns for your good job!

Edited by titus2014

Thanks for info. My update lists had links to version 1 of the files which are no longer available. I'll update to version 2 of those files next week.

do you have a download lin to office 2010 sp2 64 bit. The new one you just put up was for office 2013 

do you have a download lin to office 2010 sp2 64 bit. The new one you just put up was for office 2013 

Wrong file selected while uploading.  Fixed now.

Thank you for the fix and for making the download lists 

Edited by John95

something is wrong.

I have the office 2010 standard x86 sp2 integrated installed here and from windows update I see 28 updates for office 2010. with the wud and this updated list I see 40 updates, ignoring the update packs and installations.. whats up with these updates?

something is wrong.

I have the office 2010 standard x86 sp2 integrated installed here and from windows update I see 28 updates for office 2010. with the wud and this updated list I see 40 updates, ignoring the update packs and installations.. whats up with these updates?

The Office 2013 list has 40 updates - do you have that one selected?

May I put these files in the "Updates" folder to create an up-to-date installer? If yes, should I delete sp2 files first?

May I put these files in the "Updates" folder to create an up-to-date installer? If yes, should I delete sp2 files first?

You need to extract the msp files from the downloaded files first before placing in the updates folder.

SP2 files need to there too.

Be aware that SP2 needs to installed before the post SP2 updates.  The files in the updates folder are applied in alphabetical order so you may need to adjust the SP2 filenames so that they get applied first.

why lists marked as ENU? the updates inside named as fullfile-glb, so it's multilanguage updates, isn't it?

why lists marked as ENU? the updates inside named as fullfile-glb, so it's multilanguage updates, isn't it?

99% of the updates are global and will work on any version, but there are a few that are English only updates.

hi, im new to this ulz file. hwo do i use it to get the downloads?

//:Ekke

sorry, figured it out myself. but were can i find these files for other languages?

Any news on the update for december for the office lists ? office 2010/2013 ?

Thanks in advance.

PS:

Ekke, All the packages should work with the language that you need i think, just integrate them with the suite that you have and you shouldn't have any problem.

You need to extract the msp files from the downloaded files first before placing in the updates folder.

SP2 files need to there too.

Be aware that SP2 needs to installed before the post SP2 updates.  The files in the updates folder are applied in alphabetical order so you may need to adjust the SP2 filenames so that they get applied first.

I downloaded all the 11 "security" and 30 "non-security" updates from your list (x86, 18 jan 2015), extracted the msp files, and placed them in the Updates folder of my Office setup. Of course, I adjusted the filenames so that the SP2 files were installed first.

Everything works fine, but Windows Update is still asking for 1 update: this one.

Why is it not in the list?

I downloaded all the 11 "security" and 30 "non-security" updates from your list (x86, 18 jan 2015), extracted the msp files, and placed them in the Updates folder of my Office setup. Of course, I adjusted the filenames so that the SP2 files were installed first.

Everything works fine, but Windows Update is still asking for 1 update: this one.

Why is it not in the list?

That was in the list, but must have been deleted somewhere along the line.  It only applies to the 32 bit version of office and as I run x64 it wasn't noticed.  I'll add it back into the x86 list when I update it in about two weeks.