Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

Awesome progress mate, Blur Deviation settings work fine, some strange effects when closing a window though, I have my desktop icons at the top of the screen and for some reason when I close the explorer windows I see a ghost image of them at the top of the explorer windows even though the icons and window are no where near each other.

Anyway great progress, here is a screen to enjoy :)

P.S. just wanted to add that Theme Signature bypass works as well :thumbup

ofpuzp.jpg

Edited by MrGRiM

' Enable AeroGlass For 8.1 - win81_x64_alpha1.vbs' http://glass8.berlios.de/' ~DosProbie - 09.10.13' ### RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR..  If WScript.Arguments.length =0 Then  Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")  objShell.ShellExecute "wscript.exe", Chr(34) & _  WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " uac", "", "runas", 1  Else'''Code Here'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ### VARIABLES AND OBJECTS..  On Error Resume Next Dim WshShell Set WshShell=CreateObject("WScript.Shell")' ### ENABLE AERO GLASS.. WshShell.RegWrite "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\LoadAppInit_DLLs","1","REG_DWORD" WshShell.RegWrite "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs","0","REG_DWORD" WshShell.RegWrite "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs", "C:\Bin\DWMGlass.dll", "REG_SZ" ' ### REFRESH DWM.. Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") WshShell.Run "Taskkill /F /T /IM dwm.exe",1,TRUE  End If WScript.Quit()

Here's a script to activate based on C:\Bin location..DP :yes:

Edited by DosProbie

Here's a script to activate based on C:\Bin location..DP :yes:

Nice, though I don't think it really needs the WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\CustomThemeResource", "C:\Bin\themeatlas.png", "REG_SZ". At least not currently.

-Noel

Is the Alpha1 not compatible with the Preview x64 Build 9431 any more BM?

I get only messages at log on;

THEMECPL.DLL, is incompatible

SHELL32.DLL , is incompatible

Ending with,

Your DWM is incompatible with AeroGlass.

Do you want to retry symbols downloading?

And that doesn't work either.

Used Setup1.1 to install as recommended.

Tried with/without license.key

debug Log only shows machine ID,

then License file loaded / or not.

Only uninstalling got system back to normal.

Sean.

Should I load another way?, How does NoelC use Preview version 8.1?

PS, Prototype is working perfectly as usual with loader- but Alpha version doesn't run correctly from loader (DLL2DWMInjector.exe) Glow effect enabled. No Glass.

Just my results.... :)

Edited by ralcool

@bigmuscle I removed it from my script above, also does that hold true for the BypassThemeSignature entry as well?

Thanks for the script it works well, BypassThemeSignature is working from your script as well . :thumbup

There seem to be some issues with glass regions on maximized windows:

aero8.1_glassbug.PNG

Looks like a window behind the maximized one, except there isn't one.

There was nothing like this in the prototype. It doesn't matter if I use a custom or the default theme. Running 8.1 RTM.

Bigmuscle, the windows 8.1 alpha is running well in VMware. There is a glitch with windows photo viewer, as seen in the photo. also, the glow file that you provided makes the window titles distorted. maybe because I'm using build 9431. Other than that, it is working great. I'll upgrade my main machine to 8.1 once you release the final aero glass for windows 8.1. Great work!

win8glass_zps6b38942d.png

Edited by Nickygamer