Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

And one thing ... when ace2 likes installing additional software to bypass donation popupbox, console window etc, then he can install additional software to blur his taskbar :whistle:

Well said, you have made a fair point i will do just that. ;)

Wrong, NoelC don't make me laugh, Taskbar blur worked fine with rc1 and most other versions before rc2. :boring:

rc2 is to benefit StartIsBack, All users who use rc2 and want Taskbar blur will need StartIsBack as well . :P

Please staff just ban this punk, he is just a little s*** who at every opportunity disrespects the developers and members of this site, he is a complete waste of space and a complete troll.

The forum staff shall ban users who break the forum rules. If there is indication that a user has violated a rule, report it or PM a moderator. You are not allowed to flame a user for any reason. :angry:

The forum staff shall ban users who break the forum rules. If there is indication that a user has violated a rule, report it or PM a moderator. You are not allowed to flame a user for any reason. :angry:

Thank you Tripredacus and well said. :thumbup

Yes, you are absolutely right except it's DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow API function to control blur effect and Windows 8 Explorer does not use it to enable blur behind taskbar anymore. Instead it uses SetWindowCompositionAttribute API function to enable accent on taskbar to have it semi-transparent.

Thanks for that correction. I need to better keep my details straight.

-Noel

NoelC don't make me laugh

Is there something wrong with laughing? 'Tis the season to be merry after all! :w00t:

Please allow me to suggest something, though... Rather than write to others disrespectfully, try to make positive suggestions intended to help. Such a suggestion might be worded something like "it would be really great if Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 would ultimately again allow the configuration of a Taskbar blurring override as an option."

You have here, a very unique opportunity to help positively influence a very significant product. We all see the value in it. It may be that for reasons beyond your control the product won't be able to implement that feature, or maybe it must be delayed to a future release where the scope of the product is changed.

I can assure you that insulting the people doing the work isn't making it more likely your suggestions will be taken seriously.

Fa la la la la! Happy Holidays!

-Noel

I can assure you that insulting the people doing the work isn't making it more likely your suggestions will be taken seriously.

Who have i insulted ? :unsure:

Yes it would be really great if Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 would ultimately again allow the configuration of a Taskbar blurring override as an option :thumbup

WindowBlinds is 3rd party skinning engine which disables DWM rendering of window frames and completely replaces default Uxtheme engine - mostly uses GDI.

My Aero Glass is nothing more than reimplementation of code to blur glass areas during DWM rendering - uses Direct3D in Vista-Win8 and Direct2D in Win8.1.

The basic differences between rendering engines can be found e.g. here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff729480(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks bigmuscle for clearing that up for me - so while WindowBlinds is working fine (without blur though) your solution should provide better performance as it does "not take over" the system that much, if I understand correctly.

Anyway - great two have even two options to getting that crappy look of Win 8.1 back to eye candy ..

Keep going - I keep watching and will make my decision when versions are final (WindowsBlinds currently does not have a full "like Win 7" aero theme as well).

Thanks again - Macsass

Who have i insulted ? :unsure:

I was speaking generally, not specifically - sorry. It's hard to have things come out as intended with this forum software fighting every step of the way (I still can't paste anything into it).

-Noel

WindowBlinds is 3rd party skinning engine which disables DWM rendering of window frames and completely replaces default Uxtheme engine - mostly uses GDI.

My Aero Glass is nothing more than reimplementation of code to blur glass areas during DWM rendering - uses Direct3D in Vista-Win8 and Direct2D in Win8.1.

The basic differences between rendering engines can be found e.g. here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff729480(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks bigmuscle for clearing that up for me - so while WindowBlinds is working fine (without blur though) your solution should provide better performance as it does "not take over" the system that much, if I understand correctly.

I cannot compare the performance because I don't have any real benchmarks.

The main difference should be the application compatibility. Since my Aero Glass is only extension to DWM then all applications (that work with DWM) will work with my Aero Glass too. But because WindowBlinds is complete skinning engine, you can't ensure the same compatibility as default Windows skinning engine.

NoelC forum works perfectly fine in the firefox-nightly ;)

And in all versions of Chrome I have tried. I assume you are having problems with IE11? If you revert to IE10 do the problems continue? Does IE11 have any feature that justifies needing it installed? I have just heard about too many issues for me to use it yet.

Cheers and Regards

To Bigmuscle:

I have purchase donation for the Windows 8 (version 1.2) Aero Glass, do I need to purchase another and obtain a key to use the 8.1 version? I returned back to the original Windows 8, after some problems not pertaining to AG.

Thanks