Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

NoelC, seems the crashes occur less frequently now tho'?

No, I don't think so. It ranges from once every few days to a few times a day. At the moment it's been about 3 days since I've seen it happen.

It also seems to take a little extra time following a reboot.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

What does license error 0x80090006 mean?

0x80090006 is an Windows error and means this:

C:\Users\André>err 0x80090006# for hex 0x80090006 / decimal -2146893818  NTE_BAD_SIGNATURE                                              winerror.h# Invalid Signature.# as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_SSPI (0x9), Code 0x6# for hex 0x6 / decimal 6  ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE                                           winerror.h# The handle is invalid.# 2 matches found for "0x80090006"

have you tried to modify the license file?

No, I just pasted the license key into license.key file.

May i ask you something?

Is it possible to use Aero Glass but still don't have "aero" windows?

With Aero Glass enabled,the problem with windows 8 themes that have that rectangle in the titlebar, is not there anymore.

And i ask if it is possible to eliminate the glass effect!

Or at least make it as opaque as it goes!

And what changes i have to do to make the unfocus window (the one that is not in the front) get the same colour with the one in front?

Thank you and Happy 2014 to everyone!

My best wishes to all!

Why there are no stripes when using Aero Peek (even though they show up in other places, like frames of windows) and why does this program makes transparent even those visual styles which weren’t created for using with glass effects?

I don't know what aeroglass is doing, but loading RC2 (and previously the beta3) adds 10-20 seconds of booting time on my machine. It just sits there at the login stage and doesn't seem to be doing anything.

edit: seems to have been a coincidence. Though isn't it possible for the popup to go behind the loading screen and delay it that way?

Edited by Soukyuu

Though isn't it possible for the popup to go behind the loading screen and delay it that way?

It’s possible. That pop-up in my computer comes almost always before logging in. After you log on, it pops up again. It’s very annoying.

This Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM Release Candidate 2 version works ok to my system.

new_osx_mstyle_approach_to_windows_8_1_b

i confirm and sign in to that Noel said and i added to my DeviantArt page too:
' I feel I should once again express my sincere gratitude to folks like BigMuscle and Ivo who are paddling against the current in order to make Windows 8(.1) a more usable and pleasant product, despite MIcrosoft's efforts to "wean" us off serious computing and onto video games.'
=====================

I don't know what is going on but I had to uninstall it because my system is shutting down very slow, I'm not 100% sure if aero glass it's the problem, it might be in conflict with something, but removing it solved the problem...

--edit--

No, it is random, I have no idea what might cause this but this problem appeared a few days ago, I tried to uninstall the latest programs/drivers installed , traced the shutdown, can't find anything...

Edited by Tusticles

my system is shutting down very slow

There's an ability to ask Windows to display more detailed status messages... This might help you narrow down what's stalling.

Excerpted from my book (note that the step-by-step assumes you have a Start Menu replacement in place):

MoreDetailedStatusMessages.png

-Noel