• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Major

Windows 7 UA hangs on the device driver

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i have usually installed my unattended windows 7 well, but now in the last 4 pc of my friends, it asks for a driver and tells me: it does not find any device driver for cd /dvd...
i will explain how i have made my unattended windows 7 (drives). I slipstream 3 drivers (chipset, massstorage, lan) in the image install.wim and the other drivers during setupcomplete.cmd (Runonceex)
I want, instead to add the controller (which i think is AHCI SATA RAID) manually, i would like to siplstream it and in which image, in order to do it unatended?
Thanks

I personally would mount the boot.wim and inject the driver with DISM and then reburn the DVD. Did you mean some other method that allowed you to use the existing media?

Use an "F6 floppy" :w00t:

No it doesn't need anymore to be a floppy, it can well be a USB stick - or a second cd/dvd:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/272320-32-loading-drivers-installing-windows

and no, you do not actually press F6 anymore ;), you click on "Load Driver" at the screen where you choose the destination drive for the install.

BUT, the issue here may be a misleading error, see:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-185843-windows-7-install-cannot-find-dvd-driver

It seems like the Windows 7 built-in drivers can have some issues (on particular motherboard) and still the WIndows 7 pretends to have the right drivers and that the (right) ones you provide are "not compatible".

jaclaz