nuhi is back, post your suggestions here

nuhi

Thanks guys.

Kelsenellenelvian, oh that. The section merging I was doing with nLite already from way back. I think it is automatic if file is edited in any way. If it is not merged, or some files are skipped - I'll check.

That some files are not compressed, if I understand that file diff correctly, will check that too.

"Launch folder windows in a separate process", that option is in Explorer - Folder Options. Unless you mean that the special way nLite is doing it, is not safe, in that case I would remove that tweak. Or you mean MS stopped XP support and it was said by them to never fix?

Here's my feature request:
For 64-bit Windows XP, the updates that patch files in ASMS folder in CD can not be directly integrated by nLite.
There are three updates affected:

• WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB2296011-x64-ENU.exe (COMCTL)
  • WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB2638806-x64-ENU.exe (WINHTTP)
  • WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB2834886-x64-ENU.exe (GDIPLUS)

The x64 XP CD does not have the ASMS folder like in x86 CD, but it has the ASMS01.CAB that stores the files.
For now I use my own batch script to integrate them. It would be better if nLite can do it directly without my tool.
See also this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/156867-files-in-asms-folder-are-not-integrated-by-nlite-winxp-x64/

Edited by Explorer09

The x64 XP CD does not have the ASMS folder like in x86 CD

Original sources don't include the folder, but Windows setup supports files in AMD64\ASMS when placed in the source. Just saying. :)

Edited by 5eraph

The x64 XP CD does not have the ASMS folder like in x86 CD

Original sources don't include the folder, but Windows setup supports files in AMD64\ASMS when placed in the source. Just saying. :)

Thanks for the info. But I'm a little bit harsh here -- my requirement is that the old files have to be deleted from the disc (and free up space). That's why I didn't call your method 'directly' integrating.

Edited by Explorer09

it would be nice if possible to have IE removed from XP without damage to shell

as for your new possible project that replaces vlite, a way to "disable"/remove winsxs, like win7 rt lite does

without damage to system, and again IE removal :) (this for NT 6, not XP)

Edited by vinifera

@bphlpt: with all due respect, and no offense meant at all, but... did you actually seriously believe puntoMX mightn't know who nuhi is? dubbio.gif

Hmmm... Seems that this "nuhi" is some famous guy here on the forums? Who is he? What does he do?

Creator of nLite and vLite.

Hmmm... Seems that this "nuhi" is some famous guy here on the forums? Who is he? What does he do?

Creator of nLite and vLite.

@bphlpt: with all due respect, and no offense meant at all, but... did you actually seriously believe puntoMX mightn't know who nuhi is? dubbio.gif

@dencorso: No offense taken at all my friend. I found it very, very bizarre, but if it was meant as sarcasm, I'm afraid I missed the point he was trying to make. Sorry.

Cheers and Regards