Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

nuhi is back, post your suggestions here

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 13,989 posts

The beta free and a pro pre-purchase (basically a full version beta for the advantures people) could be out in a month I guess. Kinda collected a bigger todo while considering earlier release, still not ready.

You forgot to specify that you are talking of a latin month  ;), you should listen more to your (mute :w00t:) PR, and give not any forecast, least we'll have another bunch of posts of frenzied peeps wanting an update to the delivery date (or a preview, or more details, etc.).  :ph34r:

Just for the record, I approve of your NOT choosing a "subscription model" :yes:.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz, 09 July 2014 - 05:04 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

petrus

petrus

• 19 posts

What about payment options, will you accept cash orders or paysafe cards for people without credit cards & paypal?

As you know software like this is very popular in eastern Europe & Russia, where they don't hand out ccs like candy.

I generally have no problem with going commercial, even better if it means that it will go above and beyond nlite & hfslip!

sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

• 28 posts
you are doing a big mistake with your complex registration system ....
it will be cracked as fastly as it happened to win8 8.1 despite the very complex system M$ created for registration
first of all : because the major thief in windows ' world is windows . do you still hear the winamp word or see it decoding mp3 ?
second of all because win9 will be free like apple os or linux

5eraph

5eraph

Update Packrat

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,139 posts

Donator

What matters, sixcentgeorge, is that those that know the amount of work involved and appreciate the years of effort put into these projects will have an easy and official method to show their support and encourage the creation of great software.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,731 posts

@ sixcentgeorge

Also win9 will definitely NOT be free.

Plus apple os is very arguable NOT free either. You pay 3x plus or more money for a apple system.

hmmm http://store.apple.c...06Z/A/os-x-lion

Personally with attitudes like your is why us small developers have to start charging at all. You wan't all the work and effort we put out for free.

Because my software is primarily free I frequently can't even afford things like internet or domain registration fees.

Next you'll want free gas and use the excuse that lots of people fill up thier tanks and just drive off without paying so why can't i?

I on many occasion have put in way over 60 hours a week into WPI and have in the last ten years received less than a months pay at minimum wage in unsolicited donations.

I would definitely after seeing your ungrateful crappy post think about not even having a free version at all....

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian, Today, 01:58 AM.

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & vLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,335 posts

jaclaz, yeah, I should take the Blizzard route and say "when it's done".

petrus, among credit card and paypal, depending which country you are in, it supports extra payment methods like Check/Money Order, bank transfer, Giropay and so on. I picked a more expensive option at the seller, so it covers more ground.

sixcentgeorge, all software gets cracked, people who do not want to support the developer will steal it regardless of the licensing options.

I really do not see how a single license option is complicated. Feel free to contact me over PM so we can discuss it in more detail as to how you would simplify it.
And second point, just because Windows (or any other subject) is free, doesn't mean that a tool modifying that subject at your will, automated by my work, gets to be free as well.

You can use the same logic on a free picture, should Photoshop be free as well (of course there are free alternatives, not talking about that, but that Adobe is still alive and charging for Photoshop).

Edited by nuhi, Today, 05:28 AM.

http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.vlite.net
Remove components and customize Windows

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN