• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
congnt92

Need Help: Create a USB device to setup many OSes

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone  :)

I followed this link to created a USB can be use to setup many OS: Windows 7, windows 8, vista....

But I was not getting repair windows option when setup windows 7.

It must be look like this if we setup windows 7 from DVD

image006.jpg?w=450&h=335

So can you tell me why and what should I do to enable this repair windows option when setup windows 7. Thanks  :thumbup  :thumbup  :thumbup

Why don't you ask for help to Steve6375, which is the Author of that tutorial/guide?

He's usually active on Reboot.pro, which is the SEMI-official support forum for RMPREPUSB and related.

http://reboot.pro/

BTW, the tutorial you linked to is #02 and IT IS CLEARLY STATED on that page how it is SUPERSEDED/REPLACED by tutorial #43 AND on the linked  page it CLEARLY refers to bootland (now reboot.pro):

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=8043&view=findpost&p=68050

for discussion about that method

You may to want to try the updated #43, first:

http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/firawiniso

jaclaz

Thanks jaclaz  :thumbup  :thumbup

#43 is very helpful but I want to resolved my problem when trying #2. Booting boot.wim file in original DVD setup Windows 7 look like windows 7 startup. But booting boot.wim file after modify at #2 look like booting windows PE. Maybe that cause repair option not enable?

But booting boot.wim file after modify at #2 look like booting windows PE. Maybe that cause repair option not enable?

Most probably, yes. :yes::unsure:

jaclaz

Thanks Jaclaz. And I added some lines in mysetup.cmd

If exist X:\sources\recovery\startrep.exe then run startrep.exe and I was successful. But still I want to creat a modified boot.wim file and it can booting look like start windows 7 to enable repair option. Can I do it? It's impossible ?

Edited by congnt92

Can I do it?

Who knows?

You do it, and you have the answer, you fail at it and you have as well an answer.

It's impossible ?

Who knows?

In theory nothing is impossible.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

jaclaz

Thanks jaclaz.Maybe there only one the way is edit mysetup.cmd to enable repair option.