Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Latest nlited dvd will not boot up

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

eddie11013

eddie11013

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 15-February 07

My newest nlited dvd will not boot.  You should know that I make a new dvd about every two months without issue.  I tried my backup dvd from last month, and it would boot up if I so desired.  Since I was having an issue, I started from scratch and still no go.  I use a dvd-rw by the way.  I also tried burning to a regular verbatim dvd, burning at 4x, using Imgburn as usual.  Attached is the latest last session.ini.  I usually delete the following before I start the process:  DOCS, VALUEADD, DOTNETFX and SUPPORT Folders, and from the I386 directory I also delete the following:  WIN9XMIG, WIN9XUPG and WINNTUPG and Lang.  Outside of using the latest hot fixes, the rest of the format has not changed in quite a long time.

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,450 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Maybe your boot.bin in the nLite folder got corrupted somehow. That's the boot sector that nLite uses to make a CD/DVD. Extract it from the zip at the nLite site and replace yours with it.

[ Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk Posted Image ]
If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

eddie11013

eddie11013

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 15-February 07

Thanks, I will download nlite again and try it out Monday.

eddie11013

eddie11013

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 15-February 07

Success - thanks.  Downloaded fresh copy of nlite. Uninstalled previous, installed new, and everything worked as it should.

thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users