Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Delete partition on USB thumb drive?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bizzybody

bizzybody

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

I have a 32 gig (29 gig FAT32 formatted) thumb drive that I discovered has 145 meg of unallocated space at its beginning. (Found it while deleting a PQSERVICE partition from a hard drive.)

I'd like to delete the existing partition and create a new one that uses all the space, but Disk Management in XP won't delete it nor will it create a new partition in the unallocated space.

Doesn't matter that it's 145 meg, it's space I paid for and while small compared to the rest of the storage, 145 meg can still hold a lot of files.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,401 posts

Donator

http://www.partition...on-manager.html

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Did, you tried with diskpart ?

Also, perhaps, you'll need to remove the existing partitions (be sure to make backups of the data stored there) and recreate a new partition scheme after a clean (it will wipe all from the select drive so be careful) from diskpart.

bizzybody

bizzybody

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

I used the HP USB formatter. It completely wiped the drive and used all the space available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN