Using the latest version of nlite (184.108.40.206) with my usual build, I noticed several ''issues'' regarding hotfix integration:
1. The latest version of nlite still doesn't support direct integration of several hotfixes.
These updates are: Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0 (Imapi and Smartcard), KB974266, KB979099, KB916157 v6, KB922120 v6, KB932716 v2, KB950305 v2, KB967048 v2, KB970326, KB970401, KB971276 v3, KB982316 and the Redistributable Framework Components (KB971286 + kmdf 1.9 - hard to come by, it's included in the archive with all the updates linked above).
2. (request) If some updates from the ones above cannot be integrated directly, please add an option to nlite that enables integrating them (via the ''regular integration method'') without permission from the user / when checked, redundant screens like this won't appear at the final stage of the integration process.
This request is kind of optional - if all the updates from the archive linked above are integrated directly, such an option will be useless.
3. (request) Please add an option to enable the default behaviour of the integration process to directly overwrite files only when a higher version number is present, without user permission.
So, screens like this won't pop up at the final stage of the installation process, and so I won't be forced to press the ''yes'' button at least 20 times everytime I use nlite with my usual build.
If these two requests are implemented, the user won't be bugged at all with pop up screens at the final stage (in ''normal'' circumstances).
4. (question) Do you plan on supporting direct integration for the MSRT tool, or only swichless installers of it at T-13 are ok with nlite? Right now, I get the usual screen when trying to add it to the queue.
5. I use four unofficial updates from the first post from here (no 1 - KB291343, no 2 - KB921606, no 5 - KB2575928 and no 6 - KB2616879). With nlite 220.127.116.11, the integration process goes smoothly, however with 18.104.22.168, for KB291343 I get this screen, that is wrong I think - the unofficial updates clearly has a newer version stored inside. Again, this didn't happen with nlite 22.214.171.124.
6. (Optional) From the list Onepiece mentioned here (4th post), with all the updates for windows xp available from Microsoft, I don't use ~ 20 of them, for various reasons. However, maybe some people use them all, so I also tried them once to see how they cope with your app.
KB938720 (legit check .cab) is clearly icompatible with your app, as you can see here, the same as KB282784 (qfecheck - see here) or KB940157 (windows search 4.0 - see here and here).
Again, this one is optional from my point of view, as I don't integrate these, but please investigate either way. Thanks.
Edited by Yzöwl, 05 September 2013 - 12:14 PM.
Microsoft Software 3rd party download link removed