Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

thanks - using it as is at the moment without donating - that will come later - one question - the memory usage on my system is much higher than your screen grab above - mine shows 20,000K approx - is that dependant on the machine spec etc or because i am using the non paid for version

a) Memory usage depends on amount of opened windows. I noticed that mainly Internet Explorer is able to increase memory usage a lot (but it does not depend on Aero Glass).

B) Donation request will go away if you donate, of course.

c) Restarting dwm.exe just means killing dwm.exe process in Task Manager. This is the fast way which works. Restarting whole system is cleaner but slower.

d) this is for Windows 8 only. I was thinking to merge with 8.1 prototype but I didn't do it not to break anything.

e) some FAQs are on the website. They are very short but they will gradually increase.

f) machine code is based on your main HDD and CPU vendor - if you change one of this, you will need new license key. That's why you can generate more (but limited amount of) keys per donation.

I was going to donate, but yet again you have two meanings to what you say. We can donate how much we like, but at lease 3€ to get a full version. Yet you say "it is not done for any profit

You can donate how much you want. For example 0.5€. The problem is paypal fee, I will get almost nothing for small donations - I have no problem with it but it is a but unfair to those who donated much more.

I don't understand. For free users, isn't it better to use version .95 than version 1.0, since the former supports automatic downloading of DWM symbols, whereas the latter doesn't, and both have the popup message? Why migrate to 1.0? Any advantage?

I don't understand. For free users, isn't it better to use version .95 than version 1.0, since the former supports automatic downloading of DWM symbols, whereas the latter doesn't, and both have the popup message? Why migrate to 1.0? Any advantage?

Of course, you are right. It is even better to use version 0.1.

Glad the wait is over, is there any changes from the installer given to testers, do we need to download it again?

It is same - just recompiled. Only installer has changed to apply some ideas from testers (and I hope I didn't forget for anything :-))

Glad the wait is over, is there any changes from the installer given to testers, do we need to download it again?

It is same - just recompiled. Only installer has changed to apply some ideas from testers (and I hope I didn't forget for anything :-))

OK that's good, not tested the new installer yet but in the old one I thought it might be a problem uninstalling if the user is using the theme signature bypass, on my installer I have it restore the default theme before it asks for a restart, does your installer do this now as well?

Edited by MrGRiM

Nope, it does not restore the theme. I'm aware that it is the problem and that it will result in black screen (when using custom unsigned theme) but it is the reason why the feature is marked as experimental. But I should add it to the FAQ.

Btw, donation key for Win8 should work also on prototype for Win8.1.

So what is the difference between 0.95 and 1.0 then? The automatic symbol updates saves plenty of your time so don't have to release new version every time MS decides to update 1 line in the code.

Edited by Blackbird256

Sorry, but I really didn't know what to answer to question whether it is better to you testing or final version. Final version contains many fixes and optimizations, it does not contain plenty of debug checks and is compiled with full optimizations enabled.

The automatic symbol updates saves plenty of your time so don't have to release new version every time MS decides to update 1 line in the code.

It is only partial true, because updating one line of code mostly does not change the function prolog which is important for my utility. The change must be more complicated and it happened only once during whole Aero Glass development.

Alright then. Thats what I wanted to know, because with no changelog it looked very similar to 0.95

Oh and thank you for making the messagebox startup-only. That is really all I wanted from the beta :)

Edited by Blackbird256

You can donate how much you want. For example 0.5€. The problem is paypal fee, I will get almost nothing for small donations - I have no problem with it but it is a but unfair to those who donated much more.

You may want to enable micropayment fee for your account.

Does this software have a hidden GUI that is visible to donated users only?

Nope, it does not. There is nothing which could be put in GUI. Anything is settable via classic Colorization control panel.

I donated but I didn't get any key? My machine code is U2HZSLL7SUQLJLOC6CPELMUVMDPL4VNLFILG6ZSQRL4JE3WQ.

Did you generate your key at http://glass8.berlios.de/donate.html ?