Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

The plan is to slowly bring new features - probably one feature per new version. However, "Disable Desktop composition" is not between planned features for the reason that it's against the sense of this tool. The task is to bring new features for desktop composition and not to disable it.

I mean the compatibility option W7 has. I only thought that with knowledge you have with DWM you might find solution to bring it back. There is still some old stuff that needs it.

Edited by Blackbird256

So is there a solution to my Firefox tab problem as I mentioned earlier in this thread? Funny it only happens on Firefox only.

Try using the tabs on top option, my bet would be this is a problem with Firefox, maybe even try launching it in compatibility mode for Windows 7, not sure if that would make any difference though but maybe worth a shot, might try it myself.

Thanks for the option to control blur deviation. It looks beautiful with blur deviation set to 10 or 15. This tool plus 'startisback' makes windows 8 what Microsoft should have made it in the first place.

BTW the guide mentions two options, one to control color intensity and one to control opacity. How are these options different? I thought opacity/transparency is to be controlled by the color intensity sider, which means they do the same thing? What's the difference?

Hi,

I just thought as I've been testing this recently that like in Windows 7, could this software detect the use of remote desktop (and the visual settings for it) so that it automatically disables aero glass when RDP is used? Otherwise with it enabled, using RDP over the internet uses too much bandwidth which makes the whole experience quite slow.

Thanks

bigmuscle, forgive me if that was asked already, but does RoundRectRadius not supposed to work with CustomThemeResource?

It's buggy, but seems to work with the default theme. However, when a CustomThemeResource is used, it has no effect on window borders.

Hi,

I just thought as I've been testing this recently that like in Windows 7, could this software detect the use of remote desktop (and the visual settings for it) so that it automatically disables aero glass when RDP is used? Otherwise with it enabled, using RDP over the internet uses too much bandwidth which makes the whole experience quite slow.

Thanks

I must admit that I don't know how remote desktop works in Win8. I just know that earlier versions (Win7) didn't use desktop composition for remote desktop and thus I couldn't control it.

bigmuscle, forgive me if that was asked already, but does RoundRectRadius not supposed to work with CustomThemeResource?

It's buggy, but seems to work with the default theme. However, when a CustomThemeResource is used, it has no effect on window borders.

RoundRectRadius is independent from theme resource. RoundRectRadius is applied to the geometry which is filled by color/blur. Theme resource specifies texture which rendered over the filled geometry.