Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

RoundRectRadius is independent from theme resource. RoundRectRadius is applied to the geometry which is filled by color/blur. Theme resource specifies texture which rendered over the filled geometry.

Hmmm, strange then... Restarting DWM proccess had no effect. Maybe I should've restarted the entire system.

UPD.: Yep, it worked.

Edited by EvilAlex

Hi BigMuscle! Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Has anyone tried to use "Aero Glass for Win8 1.1" along with WindowBlinds 8? I currently have beautiful WindowBlinds skins which depend on Aero Glass with Blur effect. I would love to use my skins on Windows 8. Unfortunately, Stardock WindowBlinds currently only restores basic transparency; not Blur.

Thanks again!

AERO GLASS for Win8 v1.2

* inactive frame blur/color balances are not altered by theme opacity settings when user set them manually
* blur deviation settings is applied everytime colorization is changed (so no DWM restart is needed now)
* custom theme resource can now be loaded globally from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
* glass is disabled when running on a battery

--> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery (DWORD 0x0 / 0x1 = default)

* implemented glass reflection (aero stripes only)
--> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity (DWORD 0x0 = disabled (default) / other values = enabled)

* implemented glass reflection (aero stripes only)

--> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity (DWORD 0x0 = disabled (default) / other values = enabled)

**** this is good. I thought I accidentaly booted into Windows 7.

Btw I set the value to 30.

Edited by quanzi1507

Thanks for last version!

Stripes is good! But in Windows 7 when we move mouse to bottom right conor all opend windows becames transparent and we can see desktop through them and they are all with stripes too - effect of full transparent glass with reflection. It's possible to make this in Win8?

I must admit that I don't know how remote desktop works in Win8. I just know that earlier versions (Win7) didn't use desktop composition for remote desktop and thus I couldn't control it.

Actually, it did. At least when you connected to a windows server with desktop experience installed. Don't know about win7 to win7 remote desktop.

Since win8 dropped transparency, it now doesn't render it at all even with desktop experience installed.

Edited by Soukyuu

AERO GLASS for Win8 v1.2

I agree - this adds a nice little bit of extra polish. I didn't think I wanted it, but when I turned it on I saw that it helped just a little bit with visually identifying title bars, and every little bit that helps make the desktop more usable is well worth having! Well done.

-Noel

Thanks for last version!

Stripes is good! But in Windows 7 when we move mouse to bottom right conor all opend windows becames transparent and we can see desktop through them and they are all with stripes too - effect of full transparent glass with reflection. It's possible to make this in Win8?

Aero8 has this effect. It's definitely theme thing like BM pointed out.

Edited by Blackbird256

Thanks for last version!

Yes, it have, i using it, but stripes from theme and stripes from AeroGlass tool by BM differs from each other. I just thinking about theme without stripes to enable them from BM tool.

Thanks for last version!

Yes, it have, i using it, but stripes from theme and stripes from AeroGlass tool by BM differs from each other. I just thinking about theme without stripes to enable them from BM tool.

Oh I know what you mean, but I'm sure it's just a image being overlayed on the windows.

Just checked in WSB. It's indeed image. You'd need to edit it to make it looks same way.

http://i.imgur.com/MEUKJij.png?1

Edited by Blackbird256