Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Still working on my Aero Glass Blur Tweaker app but having some problems trying to get the registry setting to change to enable and disable Aero Glass, everything else works good though.

2uoi04x.jpg

Not sure if anyone knows why I am getting this message, I tried it on Windows 7 and it works fine, it's got me stumped.

here is a bit of my code, I tried with VB Script as well as Java but it doesn't want to work on Windows 8, I commented out the VB to try the java.

'---------------------------------Enable Aero Glass-------------------------- 	Sub GetCheckBoxChange		const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002		strComputer = "."		Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")		strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows"		strValueName = "LoadAppInit_DLLs"		oReg.GetDWORDValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,strValueName,dwValue	If		dwValue = "1" then			DataArea11.InnerHTML = "Aero Glass Enabled"			CheckBox.Checked = True	Else	DataArea11.InnerHTML = "Aero Glass Disabled"	End If	End Sub	Function CheckBoxChange			const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002			strComputer = "."	If 		CheckBox.Checked Then			EnableGlass	Else 				DisableGlass	End If	End Function'	Sub CheckBoxChange'			const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002'			strComputer = "."'	If 		CheckBox.Checked Then	'			Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")'			strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows"'			oReg.CreateKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath'			strValueName = "LoadAppInit_DLLs"'			dwValue = 1'			oReg.SetDWORDValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,strValueName,dwValue'	Else	Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" &	strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")'			strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows"'			oReg.CreateKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath'			strValueName = "LoadAppInit_DLLs"'			dwValue = 0'			oReg.SetDWORDValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,strValueName,dwValue'    End If'	End Sub	'------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 	Sub OnMouseOver		Set objItem = window.event.srcElement		objItem.className="ImputsHover"	End Sub	Sub OnMouseOut		Set objItem = window.event.srcElement		objItem.className="Inputs"	End Sub</script><script language="JavaScript">function writeInRegistry(sRegEntry, sRegValue){  var regpath = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Windows\\" + sRegEntry;  var oWSS = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");  oWSS.RegWrite(regpath, sRegValue, "REG_DWORD");}function EnableGlass(){  writeInRegistry("LoadAppInit_DLLs", "1");}function DisableGlass(){  writeInRegistry("LoadAppInit_DLLs", "0");}</script>

Does Bypass theme signature ned to be set in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:BypassThemeSignature or is it possible to set it in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:BypassThemeSignature?

I've noticed that ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity seems to be all or nothing... BigMuscle can you confirm that this is to be expected?

With ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity set to various amounts...

VariousSettings.png

-Noel

I've noticed that ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity seems to be all or nothing... BigMuscle can you confirm that this is to be expected?

I noticed the same thing and also noticed on his site that he never mentioned being able to increase the opacity.

ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity DWORD 0x0 = disables Aero stripes effect, values different from zero = enables Aero stripes effect

Of course, as stated in the changelog/guide - disable (0) or enable (other values), nothing more.

Thanks. What made me curious was that someone had asked what the Windows 7 equivalent setting was, and I thought I saw you answer "30". I don't remember where I saw that (maybe earlier in this thread).

-Noel

You guys do realize once you donate and receive the key, copy and paste the key into notepad and name it license.key and place the file into the AeroGlass directory and restart your computer the message box will be gone right? Worked for me.

Why on earth would you even do all that? :huh:

You simply download the "license.key" and put it as it is in the "AeroGlass" folder and reboot and your regged. :yes:

Installed v1.2 in my laptop (running on batt), added the registry key to eneable glass on batt (dword 0x0) and still no aero effect.

I rebooted the system twice: after installation and later, after adding the reg key)

Rolllin' back to v1.1

No, why could this have an influence ?

In fact, after the second reboot, it came up. I have the feeling it had some difficulty to download something from internet even if my connection (WLAN and ADSL) are excellent.

It seems to be disabled on battery and that does not depend on the power profile used. How can i enable aero when running on battery?

Navitage to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery, change its value to 0 (disabled) and you're all set.

not working

You may need these 2 fixes to enable Glass on battery and you need to restart the DWM.exe process

This works perfectly.

Thanks for the update.

Hi,

I read on another forum abouth problem after uninstall AG(1.1, 1.2). Win8 won't boot, just flashing the black screen instead login or login screen. I checked this and also i had same problem. Only way was the system restore. Any idea?

Does Bypass theme signature ned to be set in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:BypassThemeSignature or is it possible to set it in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:BypassThemeSignature?

i put it in both the HKCU and HKLM just to cover all the bases..

Would be nice if we had like a definitive registry guide for all the proper settings..DP