Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Will you shift your development to Win 8.1 when it's out?

I'm having trouble understanding the context of your question.

First off, I'm not the developer of Aero Glass for Windows 8. A member named BigMuscle is. But I *do* develop software - just not Aero Glass for Windows 8.

If you are asking whether Aero Glass for Windows will be developed for Windows 8.1, then I wonder how it is you don't already know the answer, given the discussions just above and in the threads on the first page this forum. Your question in that context is essentially nonsensical, so I look for another meaning...

If you are asking whether I personally plan to develop products that are compatible with Windows 8.1, I am already doing that (desktop products, NOT Metro/Modern). But I am doing so using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 as the bootup OS on my workstation. Windows 8 or 8.1 do not provide me any advantages over Windows 7 so far that make it attractive to me, and in fact have removed features that I actually use. Whether I stick with Windows 7 may change in the future, as it will no doubt become more and more advantageous to keep current. At the moment I test with Windows 8+ in virtual machines using VMware workstation 10.

-Noel

Hey you know people don't really care right? It doesn't matter is win8.1 is not officially out yet or even if the end app is going to be free or cheap they want it NOW!!!

you should only put it into the Aero folder. After I did this I never got any popup again.

The c:AeroGlass folder? This is where I put it and I still get the popup, how do I email the creator and ask him?

According to your log, it says that your license file is invalid. It means that your license file got corrupted, you used it on different computer than file was generated for or you just made some changes to your hardware (if it is the third case than contact me via PM and specify more details about your hardware).

According to your log, it says that your license file is invalid. It means that your license file got corrupted, you used it on different computer than file was generated for or you just made some changes to your hardware (if it is the third case than contact me via PM and specify more details about your hardware).

I just redownloaded the key (no PC changes made since I first registered, it never worked from day one) and I haven't got the message yet, oddly the file is the same file size and looks the same, who knows, I'll post again if it doesn't work but thanks anyway.

Sorry if this makes it sound like I don't appreciate the hard work done with AG, but the method used to verify a license is utterly ridiculous. I upgraded my Intel RST drivers and now for some reason the utility appears to have given me a totally different machine code. It would make a lot more sense if the code was generated using the physical identification number of a hard drive, something that is not prone to changing across fresh installations and driver upgrades. I understand you need some compensation for your product but this is ridiculous.

Shane: HDD/SSD identification is done via HDD/SSD physical number which is unique per each drive and it changes only if you change your drive. It does not change in any other case unless you block the physical ID detection somehow which is very non-standard. If driver update changes the machine code, it mostly denotes bug in the driver itself (or some intentional feature of the driver) which blocks getting HDD ID. Due to this reason, it is not true that machine code will be "totally different" (as you wrote) and it is still possible to identify whether it is the same computer. Although license generator does not let you generate new license for this case, I can always block old ID and allow the new one manually.

The error I had is this. As I had a second key I didn't need I won't bother going to the trouble of getting the key reset for now but here's the diagnostic info if it will help you figure out what happened

[0x1630] Machine ID: 6MWQOFL6SUQLJLOCYNM6LN7ZMDPL4VNL5ZLWHSYYRL4JE3WQ

[0x1630] License code: 2148073478
[0x1630] License code: 2148073478

Old machine code was

KBPEZOLRSUQLJLOCLVHSLEAXMDPL4VNLE7LZTLTQRL4JE3WQ
Edited by Shane

I'm trying to use it on Windows 8.1 but I get this error on log file

[0xBB4] Hook (api-ms-win-core-registry-l1-1-0.dll!RegQueryValueExW from dwm.exe) installed[0xBB4] Hook (USER32.dll!CreateWindowExW from dwm.exe) installed[0xBB4] Hook (GDI32.dll!CreateRoundRectRgn from udwm.dll) installed[0xBB4] Hook (USER32.dll!DrawTextW from udwm.dll) installed[0xBB4] Hook (GDI32.dll!CreateBitmap from udwm.dll) installed[0xBB4] Delayed hook (UxTheme.dll!GetThemeStream from udwm.dll) installed[0xBB4] Aero Glass for Win8.1 Beta 1 correctly loaded.[0xB68] DBGHELP: Symbol Search Path: .;C:\AeroGlass\symbols[0xB68] CTopLevelWindow::UpdateOcclusionHints hooked successfuly[0xB68] CGlassColorizationParameters::AdjustWindowColorization failed (0).[0xB68] DBGHELP: .\uDWM.pdb - file not found[0xB68] DBGHELP: .\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not found[0xB68] DBGHELP: .\symbols\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not found[0xB68] DBGHELP: C:\AeroGlass\symbols\uDWM.pdb - file not found[0xB68] DBGHELP: C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not found[0xB68] DBGHELP: C:\AeroGlass\symbols\symbols\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not found

How should I fix it ?

I didn't have the uDWM.pdb file at all, also 'cause inside the 8.1 zipped file it isn't

... solved by installing the Alpha 1 from here

Edited by MaximilianPs

This is caused by some 3rd party application which disables transparency on taskbar. Nothing to do in my utility.

Are you sure, could you please test it with more than one monitor. Or have you done it already?

Edit: Just found out that www.startisback.com was causing this. Thanks for helping me out!

P.S Is the minimum donation $5.00 USD? I'm planning on donating to remove the popping up, and support you for making this :)

Edited by ExcessiveNerve