Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Has anyone actually measured whether there's a difference in power consumption when Aero Glass is enabled vs. disabled? I'm betting it's downright negligible.

Microsoft hyped up the removal of Aero Glass by claiming it saves power, but there are still GPU operations all over the place. I doubt it changes the power consumption at all, and I believe their real agenda is motivated by entirely different goals (as in, "How the heck do we sell more software if the desktop already does everything people need?").

-Noel

This thing is driving me nutssss!!!

I'm trying to use custom theme on the latest Aero Glass RTM x64 for Windows 8.1 but no luck so far

I've created a reg key "CustomThemeResource" with my file location "C:\Windows\Aero\win8cp.png" at

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

Yes, 3 location because everyone is giving a different one, including an author.

Unfortunately none of them work.

What am I doing wrong?

Since It's working now I've got one more question.

If i will buy a licence will the dwm.exe dos box and the watermark disappear or those are a RTM "features" and I need to wait for a final version?

Edited by oomek

Oh, Atlas? How the heck i supposed to know that? It's not on the website. It worked though, thank you.

Everyone who enters the beta/testing phase of any software is supposed that he will read all the instructions for this testing software.

If i will buy a licence...

There is no license buying.

If i will buy a licence will the dwm.exe dos box and the watermark disappear or those are a RTM "features" and I need to wait for a final version?

They are there in the beta testing versions BECAUSE they are for beta testing. Perhaps you are not interested in helping with the testing or are not up to doing so. That's fine, no problem. My suggestion in that case: Wait for the release, then donate a few clams to the awesome developer who is, as we speak, making the Windows 8.1 desktop usable again.

-Noel

Another id*** question. I downloaded and installed the latest RC2 build, and upon installing via the batch file, I discovered that there is no way to UNINSTALL this particular software. Is there any way to at least disable it like through the regedit method of installation?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I installed this and have since uninstalled it. However, the theme borders are permenantly grey, even if it's on auto colorization. If I click on a particular colour, that works, but not auto colorization. Any ideas what I can do? I checked the taks manager and I can't find any leftover services running.

Thanks

bump^,,

I made a donation today,,but I can t get a key from the page of http://glass8.berlios.de/donate.html,,I got a message like,,"Sorry, but we could not find you in the database. The e-mail or ZIP probably does not match your PayPal account at the time of your donation."

my email is liudafei(at)live.com,,and postcode is 83002,,,and my donation Receipt Number: 2831-2017-7568-0387, could you please give it a check,, thanks in advance!

@CKyHC

Just run this script file (right click as admin if a non-admin) and it will setup the correct registry settings to enable AeroGlass v1.0.. DP :yes:

Is there a undo for this script

After installing the aero and putting the symbols in the folder then using the script i get a dwm error and i couldnt login so i had to do into safe mode and uninstall the aero

I want to undo the script and try getting it to work on another pc, not this main pc that i am using since im having issues