Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Ladies and gentlemen,

I present you version 1.0 of Aero Glass reimplementation for Windows 8.

screen3.png

Download and all information are available on its website: http://www.glass8.eu

Please, remember that this software is done in my free time and it is not done for any profit. You won't get the full service as in the case of regular paid software.

Edited by bigmuscle

thanks - using it as is at the moment without donating - that will come later - one question - the memory usage on my system is much higher than your screen grab above - mine shows 20,000K approx - is that dependant on the machine spec etc or because i am using the non paid for version

Thank You for releasing this AND for making it free. :thumbup

Oh I noticed there is a donation pop up box, I don't mind.

Wait I don't understand, when I donate will the pop up go away?

Wow, installing this fixed the "there was a problem loading pre-set color" error I had.

Edited by ping12

Congrats on the release bigmuscle and thanks for keeping it free. Question about the donator perks. Are they only available to people donated during testing? Or can people donate today and get the perks you mentioned?

Edited by ptd163

The day has come! Downloading now! Thanks for all the hard work on this project BigMuscle, it definitely will not go unnoticed ;) I'll be donating!

Just installed it and it is absolutely amazing!! Thanks for the had work again, it works so brilliantly from when I last tried it, the issue where it went nuts when any office application was behind it is now fixed, so far no issues, love it! Also, THANK YOU for making an installer, very smart choice.

@BigMuscle - So I donated to you and managed to get a license key and put it into the AeroGlass folder, your website says to "restart DWM process to activate your license." - Does that in layman's terms just mean restart my PC? lol

Edited by BlindMango

I was going to donate, but yet again you have two meanings to what you say. We can donate how much we like, but at lease 3€ to get a full version. Yet you say "it is not done for any profit".

The free version is not done for any profit, but the paid version is.

@BigMuscle - So I donated to you and managed to get a license key and put it into the AeroGlass folder, your website says to "restart DWM process to activate your license." - Does that in layman's terms just mean restart my PC? lol

kill DWM.exe with ProxExp/taskmgr.

Does this work on Windows 8.1 RTM

I doubt this. He has a prototype for 8.1.

kill DWM.exe with ProxExp/taskmgr.

lol, you may have to put it in more plain English than that for me - What I got from that is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then go to Task Manager, then go to the "Details" tab to where I then find "dwm.exe" - I'm given the option to "End Task", is that what I do? And when I do that, what happens, would that interrupt my desktop? How do I restart the dwm.exe process after I end it?

EDIT: Apparently you can also just simply restart your computer... lol

Edited by BlindMango

how much does it cost for full version. no mention about it anywhere here

Download and all information are available on its website: http://glass8.berlios.de

Thanks Bigmuscle. I be donating shortly but I noticed the license is based on machine code. Does that mean I have to pay for it everytime I upgrade my PC. As I build my own desktop and always update the parts every few months

Excellent. I think you should do a FAQ for first-timers or those who weren't following the project and want to avoid reading 100+ pages of the MSFN topic and related threads. To surface the important information from the MSFN topic that is. :)

This is how my Windows Codename Compromise 8 looks with it, Classic Shell and a Windows 7-like visual style:

ocqUps0.jpg

Edited by xpclient