Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Final release for WIN8 ONLY!!!

• Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 01-February 13
Alright then. Thats what I wanted to know, because with no changelog it looked very similar to 0.95
Oh and thank you for making the messagebox startup-only. That is really all I wanted from the beta :)

Edited by Blackbird256, 30 August 2013 - 09:05 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

rayappan

rayappan

• 11 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13

Does this software have a hidden GUI that is visible to donated users only?

mufunyo

mufunyo

• 22 posts
  • Joined 02-June 07

I donated but I didn't get any key? My machine code is U2HZSLL7SUQLJLOC6CPELMUVMDPL4VNLFILG6ZSQRL4JE3WQ.

Workstation: Windows 10 Tech Preview... oh boy  :} 
Notebook: Windows 8 Pro, AeroGlass, Ex7ForW8, Ribbon disabled
Old Notebook (RIP): Windows 98 SE, Auto-patched, 98SE2ME, KernelEx, Revolutions Pack 7, Vista Standard skin, Antialiased fonts (hacked)
File server: Slackware 11, Linux kernel 3.8.8, serving SMB, NFS, DLNA, SSH, FTP, HTTP, from a 13.6TB ARC-1230 RAID-6 array

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Joined 19-November 04

Donator

You can donate how much you want. For example 0.5€. The problem is paypal fee, I will get almost nothing for small donations - I have no problem with it but it is a but unfair to those who donated much more.

You may want to enable micropayment fee for your account.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

Does this software have a hidden GUI that is visible to donated users only?

Nope, it does not. There is nothing which could be put in GUI. Anything is settable via classic Colorization control panel.

I donated but I didn't get any key? My machine code is U2HZSLL7SUQLJLOC6CPELMUVMDPL4VNLFILG6ZSQRL4JE3WQ.

Did you generate your key at http://glass8.berlios.de/donate.html ?

Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

blak24

blak24

• 12 posts
  • Joined 15-April 13

Hello Big, thank you for your awesome work! I've just donated 3€ :)

Anyway, I'm not able to reach the classic colorization window in control panel... I searched but didn't get it... :huh:

ptd163

ptd163

• 45 posts
  • Joined 17-May 13

If I donate will it enable the automatic symbol downloading? Or is that exclusive to people who donated during testing?

blak24

blak24

• 12 posts
  • Joined 15-April 13

If I donate will it enable the automatic symbol downloading? Or is that exclusive to people who donated during testing?

The first you said. If you donate at least 3€ you will be able to get automatic symbols downloading.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

I noticed that if you use the installer there is no symsrv.yes file, is this file still needed, you have included it with the manual install files?

Also I noticed the dwmglass.dll size is different to the original ones you gave to donators, the new one is 708KB and the old one was 700KB are you sure there is no difference we need to care about?

sn0w

sn0w
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

How can i enable window shadows?

ping12

ping12

• 22 posts
  • Joined 17-July 13

How can i enable window shadows?

The theme has to have window shadows. The default theme has really small ones on active windows.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,128 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

Only installer has changed to apply some ideas from testers (and I hope I didn't forget for anything :-))

I've suggested BM to check the SecureBoot state and display a warning that Aero doesn't work when SecureBoot is enabled because AppInit is disabled:

AppInit_DLLs in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

http://support.micro...b/2853424/en-us

Currently, the only resolution is to disable secure boot on the system where an application is attempting to utilize AppInit_DLLs mechanism.

Posted Image

mufunyo

mufunyo

• 22 posts
  • Joined 02-June 07

Did you generate your key at http://glass8.berlios.de/donate.html ?

Maybe I donated too early, the donate link on the main page just took me straight to PayPal with no intermediate page. The page also said that 0.95 was the latest version. :D Also, because of that I also didn't know you had to enter a ZIP code, so I don't have a ZIP code to enter in the form and it can't find me in the database.

But seeing that solving this is probably going to be too hard, I'll just donate an extra €3 seeing as that's the minimum (and I already donated). Who cares, right? :)

EDIT: So I just did that, and it still won't work. Now I'm not really amused any more. Does your database script consider the possibility of multiple donations from the same PayPal email? I'm not a fan of DRM, and even less so when it breaks catastrophically.

Edited by mufunyo, 30 August 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Workstation: Windows 10 Tech Preview... oh boy  :} 
Notebook: Windows 8 Pro, AeroGlass, Ex7ForW8, Ribbon disabled
Old Notebook (RIP): Windows 98 SE, Auto-patched, 98SE2ME, KernelEx, Revolutions Pack 7, Vista Standard skin, Antialiased fonts (hacked)
File server: Slackware 11, Linux kernel 3.8.8, serving SMB, NFS, DLNA, SSH, FTP, HTTP, from a 13.6TB ARC-1230 RAID-6 array

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Like other testers , I also noticed that you now have included symsrv.yes , swatches_hkcu.reg, and that DWMGlass.dll is now 708 and not 710 KB..

Shane

Shane

• 48 posts
  • Joined 10-July 11

When you say the activation code is generated by your HDD number, do you mean the VSN (volume serial number) or the physical serial number of the drive?

i7-2700k @ 4.8 GHZ | Asus ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z Z68 Board | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600mhz | 3GB PowerColor TurboDuo AMD Radeon R9 280X | 128GB OCZ Vector Boot SSD | Logitech Z506 Speakers | LG IPS224V 1080P IPS Monitor | Silverstone Olympia SST OP-1000 1KW PSU

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

If anyone wants to do a silent install for the inno setup.exe here are the switches ==>"setup.exe" /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-

blak24

blak24

• 12 posts
  • Joined 15-April 13

Anyway, I'm not able to reach the classic colorization window in control panel... I searched but didn't get it... :huh:

Someone could help me?

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

donation request - my understanding is/was that it popped up on first run - once - not a popup that repeated over time - my computer is never switched off - only time is for a reset if something requests it - so whilst working this morning the donation popup has flagged up - last power up was yesterday when i saw popup which was expected

ok i can contribute to get rid of it and will when i sort out paypal - but why did i see the popup - it was an over install from .95 - am i doing something wrong??

ping12

ping12

• 22 posts
  • Joined 17-July 13

donation request - my understanding is/was that it popped up on first run - once - not a popup that repeated over time - my computer is never switched off - only time is for a reset if something requests it - so whilst working this morning the donation popup has flagged up - last power up was yesterday when i saw popup which was expected

ok i can contribute to get rid of it and will when i sort out paypal - but why did i see the popup - it was an over install from .95 - am i doing something wrong??

The free final version has donation pop ups, not demo message boxes.

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

this is from the website

if you don't want to donate, you can still use Aero Glass library without any constrains - application will just ask you to donate several minutes after execution.

that pretty clear - it shows popup box several minutes after execution - it did that for me last night after a restart - it then showed the box again some 18 hours later - the machine had not been turned off or reset in that time - so is it once after execution or an ongoing nag for a donation 

taw

taw
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13

"Aero Glass for Win8 1.0" Can't Donete PayPal in Japan

Thanks so much, bigmuscle.
"glass8 1.0" is no problem and perfect.
I want to raise money for you.
But, paypal can not donate to you by japan law.

PayPal Error Message
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
PayPalでは、現在JPの買い手からの寄付支払いはサポートされません。
ご迷惑をおかけしますことをお詫びいたします。
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
In PayPal, donation payment from buyers of JP currently does not support.
We apologize that We apologize for any inconvenience.

I want to pay you.
Please, tell me other way.

Attached Files

Edited by taw, 31 August 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Shane

Shane

• 48 posts
  • Joined 10-July 11

If you have the swatches already installed from the beta version and select to add them when you install the final they appear twice in the customisation panel

Attached Files

Edited by Shane, 31 August 2013 - 05:59 PM.

i7-2700k @ 4.8 GHZ | Asus ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z Z68 Board | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600mhz | 3GB PowerColor TurboDuo AMD Radeon R9 280X | 128GB OCZ Vector Boot SSD | Logitech Z506 Speakers | LG IPS224V 1080P IPS Monitor | Silverstone Olympia SST OP-1000 1KW PSU

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,128 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

the scratches from beta was installed to HKLM, the new is installed to HKCU (Current user)

Posted Image

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 01-February 13
What is UsePartialNativeBlurImplementation? I don't remember this option from beta.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

Like other testers , I also noticed that you now have included symsrv.yes , swatches_hkcu.reg, and that DWMGlass.dll is now 708 and not 710 KB..

Installer automatically installs swatches thus registry script is not needed there. About, DLL size, I cannot say surely - but can binary size change just on rebuild? I did new complete rebuild before releasing.

When you say the activation code is generated by your HDD number, do you mean the VSN (volume serial number) or the physical serial number of the drive?

Nobody said that it is generated by HDD number. HDD is just the main component which the license is tied with.

Someone could help me?

Right click on your desktop, select Personalize and there is a link to colorization settings.

this is from the website

if you don't want to donate, you can still use Aero Glass library without any constrains - application will just ask you to donate several minutes after execution.

that pretty clear - it shows popup box several minutes after execution - it did that for me last night after a restart - it then showed the box again some 18 hours later - the machine had not been turned off or reset in that time - so is it once after execution or an ongoing nag for a donation 

Actually, the timer can be reset everytime DWM process is restarted or DLL is reloaded.

btw, I have a week off. Then I will target on finishing Win8.1 version. If anyone has any suggestion for upcoming version of Aero Glass (especially features for Win8), feel free to write it.

Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users