Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Final release for WIN8 ONLY!!!

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,105 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

this version if for Windows 8, not 8.1 which you use.

Boot a live Linux/WinPE and delete the Aero Glass folder. Now Install the Windows 8.1 Version.

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

toniostarcevic: if you uninstalled all installed versions and you also deleted all files manually and Aero Glass still appears, it simply means that you used some 3rd party script/tweaks which messed everything and moved DLL to some other folder. Unfortunately, you must fix this on your own, we are not able to do it.

Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

toniostarcevic

toniostarcevic
  • 3 posts
  • Joined Yesterday, 04:50 AM

toniostarcevic: if you uninstalled all installed versions and you also deleted all files manually and Aero Glass still appears, it simply means that you used some 3rd party script/tweaks which messed everything and moved DLL to some other folder. Unfortunately, you must fix this on your own, we are not able to do it.

Alright, thanks for the hint.

Yes, i've used "AGTweaker". Never thought that it could mess things up that badly, as its just some additional files that you drop inside the AeroGlass folder. Now i found out that this nasty little thing made a duplicate of the DWMGlass.dll and placed it inside the Windows folder. I don't know why it loads in the first place without AeroGlass being installed anymore. It seems to also write something to the registy. However, fortunately it could be uninstalled from the AGTweaker UI, by pressing the X in the bottom right corner. Now i'll try to reinstall AeroGlass clean. (as soon as my Windows System Image backup is finished ;))

It worked! :) 

Edited by toniostarcevic, Yesterday, 07:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

drakulaboy