Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Final release for WIN8 ONLY!!!

• Please log in to reply
571 replies to this topic

EvilAlex

EvilAlex

• 22 posts
  • Joined 22-June 13

RoundRectRadius is independent from theme resource. RoundRectRadius is applied to the geometry which is filled by color/blur. Theme resource specifies texture which rendered over the filled geometry.

Hmmm, strange then... Restarting DWM proccess had no effect. Maybe I should've restarted the entire system.

UPD.: Yep, it worked.

Edited by EvilAlex, 13 September 2013 - 08:00 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mkanet2

mkanet2
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Hi BigMuscle!  Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Has anyone tried to use "Aero Glass for Win8 1.1" along with WindowBlinds 8?  I currently have beautiful WindowBlinds skins which depend on Aero Glass with Blur effect.  I would love to use my skins on Windows 8.  Unfortunately, Stardock WindowBlinds currently only restores basic transparency; not Blur.

Thanks again!

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

WindowBlinds replaces Windows theme service, disables DWM frames on windows and renders its own frames using GDI. Thus it's not possible to use them together (my library renders blur into DWM frames using Direct3D).

Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

AERO GLASS for Win8 v1.2

* inactive frame blur/color balances are not altered by theme opacity settings when user set them manually
* blur deviation settings is applied everytime colorization is changed (so no DWM restart is needed now)
* custom theme resource can now be loaded globally from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
* glass is disabled when running on a battery

--> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery (DWORD 0x0 / 0x1 = default)

* implemented glass reflection (aero stripes only)
--> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity (DWORD 0x0 = disabled (default) / other values = enabled)

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 01-February 13
So what's the recommended glass reflection value to make it W7-like?
And is making titlebar aligned to the left possible?

Edited by Blackbird256, 14 September 2013 - 03:12 AM.

quanzi1507

quanzi1507

• 24 posts
  • Joined 06-July 13

--> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity (DWORD 0x0 = disabled (default) / other values = enabled)

**** this is good. I thought I accidentaly booted into Windows 7.

Btw I set the value to 30.

Edited by quanzi1507, 14 September 2013 - 03:52 AM.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Thanks for last version!

Stripes is good! But in Windows 7 when we move mouse to bottom right conor all opend windows becames transparent and we can see desktop through them and they are all with stripes too - effect of full transparent glass with reflection. It's possible to make this in Win8?

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

CKyHC: this is the theme thing - you should modify theme resource for getting this effect.

Soukyuu

Soukyuu

• PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

I must admit that I don't know how remote desktop works in Win8. I just know that earlier versions (Win7) didn't use desktop composition for remote desktop and thus I couldn't control it.

Actually, it did. At least when you connected to a windows server with desktop experience installed. Don't know about win7 to win7 remote desktop.

Since win8 dropped transparency, it now doesn't render it at all even with desktop experience installed.

Edited by Soukyuu, 14 September 2013 - 04:49 AM.

AMD Phenom II X4 970BE | 12GB DDR3 | nVidia 260GTX | Windows 8.1u1 x64 Pro | Primary
Intel C2D T7250 | 4GB DDR2 | nVidia 8600m GT | Windows 7 x64 Pro | Secondary

NoelC

NoelC

Software Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Joined 08-April 13

AERO GLASS for Win8 v1.2

I agree - this adds a nice little bit of extra polish.  I didn't think I wanted it, but when I turned it on I saw that it helped just a little bit with visually identifying title bars, and every little bit that helps make the desktop more usable is well worth having!  Well done.

-Noel

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 01-February 13

Thanks for last version!
Stripes is good! But in Windows 7 when we move mouse to bottom right conor all opend windows becames transparent and we can see desktop through them and they are all with stripes too - effect of full transparent glass with reflection. It's possible to make this in Win8?

Aero8 has this effect. It's definitely theme thing like BM pointed out.

Edited by Blackbird256, 14 September 2013 - 05:20 AM.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Thanks for last version!

Yes, it have, i using it, but stripes from theme and stripes from AeroGlass tool by BM differs from each other. I just thinking about theme without stripes to enable them from BM tool.

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 01-February 13

Thanks for last version!

Yes, it have, i using it, but stripes from theme and stripes from AeroGlass tool by BM differs from each other. I just thinking about theme without stripes to enable them from BM tool.

Oh I know what you mean, but I'm sure it's just a image being overlayed on the windows.
Just checked in WSB. It's indeed image. You'd need to edit it to make it looks same way.
http://i.imgur.com/MEUKJij.png?1

Edited by Blackbird256, 14 September 2013 - 05:29 AM.

EvilAlex

EvilAlex

• 22 posts
  • Joined 22-June 13

Cool! Thanks. :)

Global ThemeResource is really a nice addition.

blak24

blak24

• 12 posts
  • Joined 15-April 13

Installed 2 times latest version (1.2) and I can't see the two new registry keys.. Should I completely uninstall and then re-install it?

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Installed 2 times latest version (1.2) and I can't see the two new registry keys.. Should I completely uninstall and then re-install it?

You should manually add them if you want to use it.

quanzi1507

quanzi1507

• 24 posts
  • Joined 06-July 13

Anyone knows how to enable transparency for alt-tab background? I've tried Windows Release Preview theme with BypassThemeSignature set to true but to no avail.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

AERO GLASS for Win8 v1.2

* inactive frame blur/color balances are not altered by theme opacity settings when user set them manually
* blur deviation settings is applied everytime colorization is changed (so no DWM restart is needed now)
* glass is disabled when running on a battery
--> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery (DWORD 0x0 / 0x1 = default)

Thanks BM, added the new features to my Settings tool, shame the new reflection image is set in the dwmglass.dll and cant be changed in the msstyles, but it's still nice that the option is there to have it :)

New Settings tool

2pzy7ir.jpg

WindowsOS

WindowsOS

I'm 1 out of only 3 people who don't mind that popup box

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 25-January 13

Anyone knows how to enable transparency for alt-tab background? I've tried Windows Release Preview theme with BypassThemeSignature set to true but to no avail.

You can't. Since the Developer Preview, the Alt-Tab background uses a different render method then what Vista/7 uses. In Win 7, it uses the same render method as other windows. In Win 8, it uses the same render method as other parts of the Modern user interface which provides blur less transparency with the same color palette as the Start screen. Plus, you don't need to use BypassThemeSignature for the RP theme, since it is already signed by Microsoft.

odysseyofnoises

odysseyofnoises

• 23 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13
Is there a way to disable aero glass from starting on startup? My computer shows a black screen on boot after windows updates.

WindowsOS

WindowsOS

I'm 1 out of only 3 people who don't mind that popup box

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 25-January 13

Is there a way to disable aero glass from starting on startup? My computer shows a black screen on boot after windows updates.

Hold CTRL Key. The reason why that happens is because Updated DWM Symbols will not download with Free Version. To make sure it always works with every Windows Update, donate 4 Bucks.

gontie

gontie

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 13-May 13

Hello,

I've installed the latest version and i suddenly doesn't have aero anymore.

Then a popup shows up to provide a code. I see in the popup version 1.2 so aero blur seems to be loading.

Currently i am turning back to the previous version ;)

link to the image http://www29.zippysh...48204/file.html

Edited by gontie, 15 September 2013 - 01:44 AM.

quanzi1507

quanzi1507

• 24 posts
  • Joined 06-July 13

Hello,

I've installed the latest version and i suddenly doesn't have aero anymore.

Then a popup shows up to provide a code. I see in the popup version 1.2 so aero blur seems to be loading.

Currently i am turning back to the previous version ;)

link to the image http://www29.zippysh...48204/file.html

Are you using a laptop on battery?

gontie

gontie

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 13-May 13

No, why could this have an influence ?

In fact, after the second reboot, it came up. I have the feeling it had some difficulty to download something from internet even if my connection (WLAN and ADSL) are excellent.

It seems to be disabled on battery and that does not depend on the power profile used. How can i enable aero when running on battery ?

Edited by gontie, 15 September 2013 - 03:34 AM.

quanzi1507

quanzi1507

• 24 posts
  • Joined 06-July 13

No, why could this have an influence ?

In fact, after the second reboot, it came up. I have the feeling it had some difficulty to download something from internet even if my connection (WLAN and ADSL) are excellent.

It seems to be disabled on battery and that does not depend on the power profile used. How can i enable aero when running on battery ?

Navitage to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery, change its value to 0 (disabled) and you're all set.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users