Hotfixes checklist for both versions of XP

ESCOMMODORE64

• 3 weeks later...

Uh ok, thanks gunsmokingman, but I bumped my last post, not the first one!

I needed some info about this:

Do you know if these are a good slim-integrable-updated replacement for netframe3.5+4? (check jaynbe last posts)

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/8061-release-net-framework-collection-2011101911203540/page-2

Edited by phaolo

• 1 month later...

The release that you pointed to by jaynbe is a good one, and is the only one that I know of that covers 1.1/2.0/3.5/4.0 client in a single AddOn. But it all depends on exactly what your needs are. Other equally excellent makers of various releases are user_hidden and OnePiece/nonno fabio, (and ricktendo, but mostly for Win7 needs these days), which can all be found over where you found the releases by jaynbe. it all depends on what exactly you need; AddOn vs installer vs True AddOn, client vs full for 4.0, do you really need 1.1, etc. All of the above mentioned authors keep their work updated regularly, usually within a few days of each other, and also usually within a few days of patch Tuesday. So do some reading and make your choice.

Cheers and Regards

Oh, thanks bphlpt!

My objective was to find a slim complete installer for all netframe releases and patches to use in RunOnceEx.

Jainbe's release seems great, but I needed some review and information.

Questions:

1- does this contain all the 3.5 and 4.0 patches too? dNET1.1SP1 + 3.5SP1 + 4.0 (Client Profile)

2- I've never used a single Nlite addon so far: are these executed at RunOnceEx too? I have a custom multi-page RunOnceEx, do you know if this could break it?

Meanwhile, I'll check the other suggested releases too, thanks.

Edited by phaolo

1) Yes, as of the date it was released, AFAIK You should be able to find a changelog somewhere that specifies exactly what is included.

2) I think you will be better off asking that type of question in either in jaynbe's thread and/or one of the nLite forums. For best results, give as many details as you can. Of course you can always try it in a VM.

Cheers and Regards

A lot of software now uses .NET Framework 4.0. As .NET 4.0 is independent of previous versions you can choose to only install the .NET 4.0 and remove .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 from your system. .NET 1.1 is legacy and I don't know of any recent software that needs it.