Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Is there an Existing Command or a Way to Lessen Repetitive Spreadsheet

- - - - - command shortcut repetitive excel

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

KeiMartin

KeiMartin
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-August 13

Hello all.

Let me start out by saying that I am not a real Excel user. For me, Excel exists for an easy list maker.

Perhaps I did not query the database correctly but I didn't find an answer to my question. The situation is as follows: there is an existing Excel (2010 or 2013; it's a Mac) spreadsheet which is populated with columns and rows of information about newspaper publications. What the gentleman involved would like to do is be able to choose multiple entire rows (ctrl-click?) and when finished choosing have all that data appear in a new spreadsheet along with any calculations from the original document. This way he can avoid the copy/paste and figuring out the math that he has to do now. Is this what a macro is for?

Thank you for your time.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: command, shortcut, repetitive, excel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN