Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MasterBash

Win 8 unattended shows language selection screen.

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am not sure why, but my unattended installation shows the language screen while it seems to be clearly set to not display one. I don't know why. Also, the display portion of the WindowsPE clearly doesnt work (Still 800*600 resolution or something).

Here it is;

Thanks for the help guys!

AutoUnattend.xml

Edited by MasterBash

Your missing a language setting in the oobe pass. You've only configured the windowsPE pass for the first portion (winPE) of the install, and you'll need a second oobe setting to suppress the language page for the OS. See post 432 for details

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">            <InputLocale>en-US</InputLocale>            <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>            <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>            <UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback>            <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>        </component>
Edited by MrJinje

lol. It wasn't even that. I don't know why but I used en_US instead of en-US. Such a dumb mistake -_-

Thanks!

I have another problem it seems. After I enter my product key, it asks for a product to choose, and I only got Windows 8 Pro available as an option. is there a way to skip that screen?

Here is my new file. I am using UEFI btw and I modified with WinReducer.

Thanks.

EDIT: Fixed it, now I am stuck with a problem of Windows could not apply unattend settings during pass offlineServicing...

=( Even on a non-modified installation (Only adding usb3 drivers). I think I know what the problem is though.

AutoUnattend.xml

Edited by MasterBash