Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gustavo21

How to disable MSE oobe after sysprep

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Anyone knows how to disable de oobe of MSE? When windows 7 finish install, the new user is asked to complete de MSE install. I need to disable it!

Thanks!

There used to be a MSE OEM Preinstallation Kit on the Microsoft OEM site (protected), but I haven't tried it...

In general I install antivirus apps during deployment, I don't have them in my reference image.

/ Johan

The MSSE OPK doesn't disable it. MSSE is sysprep aware and there is no official way I know of disabling that function. I'm pretty sure it is an intended function due to how MSSE is licensed.

Probably. MSSE installs for all users, so I don't think it matters. The only one it doesn't have this problem is with XP, but obviously you can image that without using sysprep.

Finally, I install MSE post install w7, then apply MSE def update and last i disable W. Updates with a .reg file.

Works OK, but other way (install before sysprep) is quicker. OOBE it can disable with a reg key.

Regards