Ethernet Driver for Optiplex GX 110?

Win9xFreak

So I have a Dell Optiplex GX110 and it runs Windows 98. I have tried to download ethernet drivers from Dell, but none seem to work. It is connected by an ethernet cable to a wireless repeater. I tried everything I could find on Dell's website, and it detected some 3Com thing and said the device was working properly. But when I opened K-Meleon or IE 6, none of them were able to connect to the internet. So is it a problem with the driver or the repeater?

Did you get this working? I am going to be using my GX110 later today, or tomorrow, and will see exactally what kind of 3 Com driver is recorded. There seems to be more than one. There is a Legacy driver page for all the Dell computers..(not the usuall page you are taken to when typing in drivers and support)...that has tons of old drivers for all the older models; I will see if I've got that book marked or saved somewhere.

In my device drivers, on my Gx110, it says 3Com 3C920 integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX compatible). If I go into the Dell Driver folder, 1934v (the only folder labeled Dell) it says 3c90X There is a 3 com driver in my documents folder labeled ED5EA11 before I might have extracted it to what eventually became the contents of the 1934v driver folder. It would seem there are 3 to 4 3Com drivers available from that particular "legacy page" for the GX110. I am still looking for where I saved that particular page.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/optiplex-gx110-all.html%C2'>

Edited by cyberformer

Hello! taunus17m

I will have to check into that. I do know for sure, that Windows Me, installs all the drivers for the Optiplex GX110 right out the box!

Also, it would seem that some, if not all of the drivers from the Dell "legacy" page work as well for Win 95 on this PC! The GX110 is an excellent PC to run 9x on. It would seem this series of Dell computers were manufactured before the dreaded "bad capacitor" problems reared its ugly head.