Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

UEFI Win8PE don't boot from GPT harddisk

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

allgames71

allgames71

• Members
  • 12 posts

I've made a UEFI Win8PE by WADK , then burn it to a CD. I boot normal and I can see X:\Windows\System32.
I use EasyBCD to [Add New Entry] to append new boot item to existing Windows 8. The boot menu becomes like this :

Windows 8
    Win8PE

But the Win8PE fail to boot with error message like insert Windows disc again ...... in the primary black and white screen.

Should I not to use EasyBCD to [Add New Entry] ? As I do the same thing in BIOs + MBR harddisk that booted perfect. In UEFI + GPT partition , do I better not to use EasyBCD , instead to use BCDEDIT , if so , what's the command line to do this with bcdedit ?

Microsoft has a tutorial here http://technet.micro...4(v=ws.10).aspx , but it's different from what I want

Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN