Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

What was the LATEST movie you saw?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Dude111

Dude111

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
I last saw JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - 1959

Excellent movie!!!!!

I saw it in the trash pile @ Goodwill yesterday (If stuff doesnt move fast enough they dump it.. (I still paid for it))

Im surprised there wasnt a thread like this here already. (I did search cause I dont like to repost if a thread is here already)

Edited by Dude111, 24 September 2013 - 07:36 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ROTS

ROTS

• PipPip
  • 221 posts
"Shaka Zulu" !!!!!!!!!

Go see it now, my most favorite line ever, in that film when King Shaka asked the leader of the swallows about the story about monkey and the goard. Then their was the "Cannon Fodder" scene. Of course is the comparison between Shaka, Georgie IV??, and Queen Elizibeth the First. I know this movie took advantage of the pro-Africanization period of the world but that film is so auwsome. It is so easy to compare yourself to these characters. College proffessors could name a billion examples, and write a billion papers using Shaka Zula, as an example. Another thing to note, is that Georgie is used in various comics, animations, and other fiction as well. The backdrop of the Governours mansion is also immitated in various X-rated works. "Come Ladies"...... The actor died recently who played Shaka at 58?? Chained to a hospital bed, because of his senile behaviour.

Edited by ROTS, 29 September 2013 - 08:29 PM.

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Scary Movie 5 (new one), and boy it sucked

If you want true Windows user experience
try Longhorn builds: 3718, 4029, 4066

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

Really Weird Tales. Originally a TV movie. The second tale was interesting but ended up kind of weak. Good premise on the first and third.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093829/

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Super Moderator
  • 5,789 posts

Donator

Spiderman (the 1st, for maybe the 10th time... and it still does rock!).

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,032 posts

John Dies at the End.

e-t-c

e-t-c

WHS 2003 SP2

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD | 2011
Zeitgeist: Moving Forward is a feature length documentary work which will present a case for a needed transition out of the current socioeconomic monetary paradigm which governs the entire world society. This subject matter will transcend the issues of cultural relativism and traditional ideology and move to relate the core, empirical "life ground" attributes of human and social survival, extrapolating those immutable natural laws into a new sustainable social paradigm called a "Resource-Based Economy".

Info:
http://www.zeitgeistmovingforward.com
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Edited by e-t-c, 01 October 2013 - 09:05 AM.

... to exercise patience - and beside learning to l(i)(o)(ea)ving (at the right time) ^L^...

Dude111

Dude111

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
I last saw Back to the future - 1985

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

just watched Riddick (newest)
oh my that one sucked terribly ...

a bad clone of "Pitch Black", with terrible plot.

CharlotteTheHarlot

CharlotteTheHarlot

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Well I finally saw Dark Shadows a couple of days ago. Probably give it a C or C+ at most. The sets, filming and effects were pretty good, and Alice Cooper was a nice surprise. But plot and casting were highly forgettable ( Michelle Pfeiffer as Elizabeth! :thumbdown ) even though Burton and Depp were as tight as ever. Having seen the originals as they aired I'll admit it's tough to meet my own expectations, and I would think that Burton is also an original fan judging by all his work. You would think the guy behind Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow would get it right since they were practically prototypes or practice runs for this one. But I guess the script was just not fixable behind the camera. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that Riddick was bad. I had high hopes for a sequel because I thought the second one ( Chronicles of ... ) was a surprisingly good piece of science fiction. It was solid and highly original and filmed pretty well. A definite B+ or A-.

Awaiting the next Resident Evil. Actually I haven't seen the 5th one yet from last year, and I hear they are already making the 6th.

... Let him who hath understanding reckon the Number Of The Beast ...

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,765 posts

Curse of Chucky

Good lame b-grade horror movie fun.

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Sorry to hear that Riddick was bad. I had high hopes for a sequel because I thought the second one ( Chronicles of ... ) was a surprisingly good piece of science fiction.

same, so many years of waiting where they wasted time for Fast'n Furious (stupid) sequels
to get this dissapointing crap ... its sad

CharlotteTheHarlot

CharlotteTheHarlot

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Sorry to hear that Riddick was bad. I had high hopes for a sequel because I thought the second one ( Chronicles of ... ) was a surprisingly good piece of science fiction.

same, so many years of waiting where they wasted time for Fast'n Furious (stupid) sequels
to get this dissapointing crap ... its sad

Yep. I think Vin Diesel keeps blowing it.

For example I thought XXX was pretty slick, an updated modern Bond and would have made a great trilogy of action flicks, but he inexplicably bailed on the sequel which turned out ridiculous. I guess that babysitter comedy thing was more important to him. The 1st and 2nd Fast & Furious were okay but after that they got tedious IMHO. They must be big in Japan to keep churning them out.

The worse part about the final Riddick is that I saw him talking about it specifically as a gift to the fans who were asking for it. That sets high expectations indeed.

... Let him who hath understanding reckon the Number Of The Beast ...

Dude111

Dude111

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
I last saw the movie SAW (2004) :)

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

Fist of Legend. Apparently I had seen the ending before and never knew the name of it.

http://en.wikipedia..../Fist_of_Legend

msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Dannel

Dannel
  • 6 posts

Spiderman, for the fifth time :thumbup

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

Live Wire: a "terrorist" buys a secret formula that makes water explode when mixed with acid. I put terrorist in quotes because that's what the description on the box says. There may be some backstory or cut scenes that were not in the film to show what his true motivations were. The entire film shows that he is owed money from shady government types and when they don't pay, he sends some guys out to assassinate those guys. There was a perfect opportunity for the guy to get his money at the end of the movie, but the writers didn't take advantage of that part, and instead decided the guy would kill himself instead.

http://en.wikipedia....ive_Wire_(film)

msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

TELVM

TELVM

• PipPip
  • 282 posts

In Time, by Andrew Niccol (GATTACA, Lord of War). Intelligent sci-fi, gives a new dimension to the term "biological clock" :P . I like the invariably gorgeous ladies and "future retro" cars in Niccol's films. Worth a watch (pun intended).

Dude111

Dude111

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
I last watched Six days Seven nights - 1998

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

The Last House on the Left (1972): I've now come across my 3rd censored VHS tape and this one is it. Like a previously found title (The Van) it was obvious that scenes were cut. With the case of The Van, cut scenes were replaced with footage of a beach, but in this movie they just weren't there. Again I was able to confirm that this was the case after reading the write-up of the movie on Wikipedia, and how the plot summary did not match up to what was on the tape.

msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Dude111

Dude111

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
Hmmmmmmmm the tape was censored bud??

I love VHS,i collect it!! (I much prefer ANALOG over ANYTHING DIGITAL)

Here is the original VESTRON VIDEO release.... I wonder if that one is RATED R OR UNRATED?? (Unrated would probably include everytihng)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310594321996

I assume that this original 1972 version IS MUCH BETTER than that new one!!

I havent ever seen the original.......

Edited by Dude111, 21 October 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

Maybe... I am not sure if I've seen the remake. The (1972) version I have is the MGM Movie Time version, it is not a rental.

The other censored film I have is Possession. This one made sense. As I watched it, I initially thought it was one of those "art" type things, some filming genre that meant for you to think about it. The movie was severely disjointed and skipped around a ton. Nope, it turns out the VHS I had was missing nearly 30 minutes of footage!

http://en.wikipedia....ion_(1981_film)

msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

buyerninety

buyerninety

Dude,¯\_{ö}_/¯ where's my avatar?

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Dude111 said; "Here is the original VESTRON VIDEO release.... I wonder if that one
is RATED R OR UNRATED?? (Unrated would probably include everytihng)"...
"I assume that this original 1972 version IS MUCH BETTER than that new one!!
I havent ever seen the original......."
-
Certainly, Vestron is noted as having had two (VHS) releases of 'Last House On The Left':
1st release= 'R' rated,  2nd release = Refer to below links;
http://www.imdb.com/...tt_faq_3#.2.1.3
http://www.movie-cen....php?ID=1868048
-
Given that the ebay link you gave has a pic of the later Vestron logo, (refer Logopedia here;)
http://logos.wikia.c...i/Vestron_Video
and has no visible rating, it is most likely the unrated version. (Ebay does currently also have

an 'R' rated version example, but ebay links don't last, so I won't reference it.)
Incidently, one of the better websites for er, ..outlandish VHS releases, particularly for
straight-to-videoVHS films, is this;
http://www.critcononline.com  (Warning; You can lose yourself for hours in this web-site!...)
-
[Ohhh yeah, the thread title..... OK, if you ever saw that movie 'Narc' and thought "wow!, I
never expected it to be that good"... well you'll get the same reaction again after watching
'
THE DESCENT' ! (with the 'Directors cut' ending)].

Edited by buyerninety, 23 October 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Dannel

Dannel
  • 6 posts

Yesterday night, I watched Pacific Rim. It was wonderful.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

Alice, Sweet Alice bills it as starring Brooke Shields (similar to how The Van starred Danny DeVito) but is featured in very few scenes. Overall it was fine, revealing the real killer before the movie was over, which gave the ending a strange feel. However the last peice was revealed, the motive, afterwards just needing to show the wrap-up.

http://en.wikipedia....ce,_Sweet_Alice

msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN