Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Are Office 2013 PKC product keys culture bound?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04

I bought 3 copies of a Microsoft Office Home & Business 2013 in french (Microsoft part number T5D-01575) for a customer. At the last minute, the customer asks me to install his computers in english instead. With Windows 7, there's absolutely no problem installing and activating Windows in english and using a french product key, and vice versa, they are absolutely interchangeable.

With the fact that I have to download Office 2013 from the Internet, does anyone know if I can download, install, and activate Office 2013 in English using a French product key? Or did I just get myself shafted with $750 of unusable licenses and be forced to buy it again in English?

Posted Image
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04

I took a risk and opened up one of the boxes. Turns out that when you install the software via the office.com website, it asks you what country you're in and what language you want to install.

Posted Image
Posted Image

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
Good to know that. Thank you for the useful information :)
Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users