an .ini PlugIn

KMan

Hi All!

considering my nearly zero knowledge of C++ and the missing access to any c++ compiler at all, i thought maybe some pro can do this in a few minutes.

What i was thinking about is this:

A PlugIn for XPlode that would allow to edit an .ini file, basicly just calling WritePrivateProfileString, with the needed arguments (Section,Key,Value,File).

and maybe as an extension also reading from an .ini to an enviourment variable, but thats just a nice to have thing...

This idea surfaced when i was installing some apps that created ini files while being installed, and since they also stored some paths in them, just copying preconfigured .ini files aint an option.

And yes i also tried removing the lines with the fixed paths, but for some reason not all apps update the ini when they already find one...

for the case that i am not the only one who could use such a thing, tia to whom ever will make it real.

Greetz

KMan

Hi Again!

a friend of mine was kind enough (after i bugged him a little :) ) to quickly put me together what i needed. I just thought i would share with you, in case anyone else is interested.

And 10x to my friend TheMadGuy for being so quick

Greetz

KMan

Edit:

sorry, upload always fails on me half way :rolleyes: only get 14k of 32k through :D

will try again later!

Edit 2:

O.K.! It worked now, redownloaded and everything seems ok!

XPlodeINIWrite.zip