OverclockPC.com

CuBie, you have some really nice logos there- what program/technique do you use to get that awesome effect in the background?

Thanks! I use adobe photoshop :)... I've been playing with it for a few years now - Coding and graphics are the main things i do on the pc, if you need help withanything in photoshop ill help ya :rolleyes:!

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

I can send it to you in 24bit .png format, but IE doesn't do 24bit .png correctly. It's turns all tranparent alpha channels to grey instead of transparent. Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox show the format correctly though.. Gif can only 8 bit transparencies... If you want. give me the hex value of the background color you want to use, and I can change the background to match.

Here's 2 new examples and they are huge. 500+k each. You get better resolution by creating large, then re-sampling to smaller. I didn't like the texture I did on the first one, so I changed it a bit.

if you are using netscape/mozilla/firefox, you should see the pictures correctly. If you're using IE/Avant You'll see a gray box around the logo.

http://members.cox.net/judas31/Proto1.png

http://members.cox.net/judas31/Proto2.png

Hey thanks for the info. I neede it to be clear for everyone so I guess thats out.

I really like the melting letters ... I will use that one. I can edit the background color with PSP8. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey rstryker, you're converting the logo to jpg, and it's looking crappy when the compression is added. I can give you the logo in the size you want with the blue background already set to match your website background.

Thanks Datalore.. nothing someone with 2 minutes of time and photoshop with a few plugins couldn't do.

that is really impressive work guys, are any of you professional designers or just do it for fun? i am also curious to know which tools you guys have used to create these exceptional pieces of work :)