Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

i get a strange thing happen with officeshrink

i shrunk my administrative share of office 2003 (about an hour ago) and i just checked device manager and officeshrink is still running? even though the shrinking successfully finished about 55 minutes ago?

:) lol

@wade: If you could send me the other two log files.

Also what language are you running, by looking at you log file im assuming that you are running this for english.

i cant really say much else without the log files.

i had an administrative install share of office 2003 and tried to shrink it to no avail... i had to copy the original CD contents to a folder, make an MST file and put in there, then run the shrinker and it worked great (except for it still running in the background)

@buckeyeXP - I am pretty sure I had the newest version when I did it too... I'll download it again now anyway :)

I'm having some problem with this officeshrink.

I don't get a notice if it's done or not, and after an hour the process is still running. I check the office directory it's supposed to be target, it only has 6.76 mb there. Only the root and one setup.ini. Is there supposed to be a progress bar?

chris, i think u shud try doing this on a fresh installation of windows. and buckeye, you need to add in bold on the first page of this post that your program ONLY works on a fresh windows installation, so that everyone gets it, and no one misses it :)

I just know of this now. I read the first few posts. Right now, I'm trying to uninstall Word, Powerpoint and Excel, but, it keeps ending prematurely, like fatal error. I think it did something to my installation. How can I fix this problem now so I can uninstall certain products of office later?

@dtmunir: Thank you, i will put it in bold and bigger font. :rolleyes::)

@Chris Lee: im glad that we figured out what the problem was with your's :D

@WadeV1589: Ill try to see what is going on with your's once i get those logs.

@Daniel304: Ok here is the thing... you are trying to run it for the dutch language, and i only have the english and spanish languages hard written into the program. If you follow the instructions on my post before the download you will see that you have to change the values of the shrink.ini inorder to get it to work. If that dosent work send me the log including office_task(000?).txt i dont really need office2.log.

I used officeshrink on this PC Here which has had windows running on it for about 6 months at least (definitely not what I would call a fresh installation you should see the 'All Programs' list)

It worked so to speak... it shrunk my office2003... the officeshrink process was still running in the background but I just killed it after a while.... I've tested the shrunken office and it installs fine and works too...