Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

Guest xpuser

excuse me

I have office 2003 standard in an office.exe file

can I strip it?

moreover, I need proofing tools (I dont know what it means, I just need spell check in my language) ?

thanks

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable, after more then A YEAR(!) the Shrinker is still being promoted as "working for English... Dutch" while there is an error for Dutch users, wich has been reported in June 2005(!), wich makes it impossible to use Office Shrinker for Dutch MS Office.

The fix is not that hard to implement (it is a translation bug) but it has not been done :(

@BuckeyXP

See post #438: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...709&st=437#

Unfortunately for Dutch users, after more than half a year this bug in Office Shrinker has not been fixed.

Summary of post #438:

I still have the same problem!

see my original post on page 42 for the logfiles.

where is the author of the script?

***PLEAAASE FIX IT***

I'm having trouble with OfficeShrink... I did everything according to the guide, unattended install works perfectly... but when I start the shrink tool it goes wrong

as soon as the installation begins, I get this error (its from the AutoIt script I am sure, because when I click OK, the icon of OfficeShrink in the rightcorner disappears!)

(...)

(...)

I did notice that under the english version, the retry button was translated into 'Opnieuw', instead of 'Nogmaals' in the Dutch windows XP. I checked the shrinker.ini file, changed

retry = &nogmaals

into

retry = &Opnieuw

and was able to succesfully shrink Office 2003 professional SP1 Dutch.

BTW why doesn't the quotes work in this post?

Edited by ZileXa

Unbelievable, after more then A YEAR(!) the Shrinker is still being promoted as "working for English... Dutch" while there is an error for Dutch users, wich has been reported in June 2005(!), wich makes it impossible to use Office Shrinker for Dutch MS Office.

The fix is not that hard to implement (it is a translation bug) but it has not been done :(

The problem, reported in June 2005:

I still have the same problem!

see my original post on page 42 for the logfiles.

where is the author of the script?

***PLEAAASE FIX IT***

I'm having trouble with OfficeShrink... I did everything according to the guide, unattended install works perfectly... but when I start the shrink tool it goes wrong

as soon as the installation begins, I get this error (its from the AutoIt script I am sure, because when I click OK, the icon of OfficeShrink in the rightcorner disappears!)

Using VirtualPC, Office 2003 Dutch with SP1 and 2 more updates.

Did a CLEAN WinXPsp2+ryanvm (dutch) updatepack on virtualPC.

officeshrinkerror1jl.jpg

Please help!

use microsoft office 2003 withuot sp1

The fix:

ZileXa; I had the same problem: Tried to 'install' (shrink) Office 2003 Professional SP1 dutch version on a VMWare machine with Windows XP Pro SP2 (also Dutch version).

After copying the standard installation files, office shrinker came up with the error code displayed in your screenshot. I tried serveral things in changing the shrinker.ini file, but the error code appeared over and over again.

Then i changed to a VMWare machine with Windows XP Pro SP2 english version. I used the same Office 2003 Pro files, with SP1.

I did notice that under the english version, the retry button was translated into 'Opnieuw', instead of 'Nogmaals' in the Dutch windows XP. I checked the shrinker.ini file, changed

retry = &nogmaals

into

retry = &Opnieuw

and was able to succesfully shrink Office 2003 professional SP1 Dutch.

post-58098-1119384276_thumb.png

Hope it will work at your virtual machine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to point to a summary I wrote a while back, answering popular questions & problems that might occur:

After shrinking, how to create a silent installer uA_Office2003nl.exe?

Edited by ZileXa

I am using Microsoft Office System Professional 2003 Russian (MSDN) VLK

Service Pack 2, KB907417, KB914455, KB918419, KB917334, KB917151 integrated.

Before SP2 I had removed all components but Word and Excel manualy(date modified etc).

Nevertheless, this time I used Office Shrinker.

After using it, I had some problems.

Installation can't find file:

FILES\WINDOWS\FONTS\WINGDNG2.TTF
FILES\SYSTEM\REDIST\MS\SYSTEM\MSRDO20.DLL
FILES\SYSTEM\FM20ENU.DLL
FILES\SYSTEM\FM20.DLL
FILES\SYSTEM\MFC42RUS.DLL
FILES\SYSTEM\VEN2232.OLB
FILES\SYSTEM\VBAEN32.OLB
FILES\SYSTEM\VBAEND32.OLB
FILES\SYSTEM\MSSTDFMT.DLL
FILES\SYSTEM\MSPRPRU.DLL
FILES\SYSTEM\MSSTKPRP.DLL
FILES\SYSTEM\MSCOMCTL.OCX
FILES\SYSTEM\VSFLEX3.OCX

FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBSRVEX\60\BIN\FPSRVUTL.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBSRVEX\60\BIN\FPWEC.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBSRVEX\60\BIN\FPENCODE.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBSRVEX\60\BIN\1049\FPEXT.MSG
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\DW\DW20.EXE
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\SRCENG\OSE.EXE

FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBFLDRS\1033\NSEXTINT.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBFLDRS\1049\NSEXTINT.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBFLDRS\MSONSEXT.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBFLDRS\PKMWS.DLL

FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSDAIPP.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSDAPML.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSOLAP80.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSDMENG.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSDMINE.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSOLUI80.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSMDUN80.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSMDGD80.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSMDCB80.DLL

FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\SMARTTAG\IETAG.DLL
FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\SMARTTAG\MSTAG.TLB

What can you say?

My MST-file and shrink.ini in attachment.

setup.MST

shrink.ini

Edited by DmitryOlenin

ervice Pack 2, KB907417, KB914455, KB918419, KB917334, KB917151 integrated.

Before SP2 I had removed all components but Word and Excel manualy(date modified etc).

What do you mean? you first removed components manually (how did you do that?) and after that you integrated SP2?

That's logically not the way to do it... first integrate everything, then use Shrinker, and only use Shrinker in VirtualPC or so.

Hi,

[even if below I must say thank to buckeyeXP for this excellent app!!! But more specific tutorial required]

as I`m newbie to all this stuff, except Unattended XP and nLite I had to read all 40 pages to find how this should be done sucessfully which, you can imagine, took a lot of time and I found these 40 pages almost very useless for newbies like me and for funs of tweaking XP which browsed to these pages...So I think it`s time to explain how to get shrinked OfficeXP into your unattended XPCD. I did it just few minutes ago so I will try to explain step by step what to do and what not to do. This will be probably not the only one working manual but thisone works and if you gave up or if you`re almost tired with several tests on virtual machine then try this.

1 st of all I use RunOnceEx as it looks more professional B) The important thing is that I use english XPSP2 nlited and also english OfficeXP/PROPLUS version. I think/found it doesn`t matter how much you nlite your XP as mine works with shrink program. Attached is also my Nlite preset just to compare if required (and I can tell you this preset works excellent, stable and fast so you can use it also or use it in full XP and then adjust to your requirements)

What will you need:

- original Office XP CD

- shrink_lang02.exe

- Office XP Resource Kit Tool

IMPORTANT: You can perform All below steps on whatever machine, with office installed or not, it doesn`t matter. As soon as we step into part where you need clean XP install I`ll prompt you to switch into virtual machine/fresh windows.

Now, we can start. I will not explain how to make an administrative point, however I will just slighly comment "how to slipstream SP3 and post SP3 hotfixes" as it`s very easy. You can find "how to" here Slipstreaming Admin install point, so the first thing you HAVE TO DO is to create The Administrative Installation Point. It`s easier than to cook a tea, so hurry up, you will manage it in a few seconds.... (This link works. all links in my tutorial works....)

Next step - SLIPSTREAMING SP3 and post SP3 hotfixes into Office XP: (don`t use Office SP2 stuff and it`s post hotfixes as this tutorial is very old...use SP 3 and SP3 post hotfixes)

I suggest to make it in the same way as mentioned in that tutorial - install fresh OfficeXP to your PC or to virual machine and go to Office update (I never did this before so I was lost for a while to locate Office update so I opened Word and then via help/Office on the web and I found it there :lol: )

Let then Office update to download and install Service Pack 3, restart application as requested by update site and return to update page and check for updates again - you should get ca. 15 updates, I use only word and excel so I noticed following KB`s to download manualy afterwards:

(Don`t forget to download administrative versions!!!)

1)OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu

2)officexp-kb833858-fullfile-enu

3)officexp-KB921567-FullFile-ENU

4)officexp-KB920821-FullFile-ENU

5)officexp-KB914796-FullFile-ENU

6)officexp-KB918420-FullFile-ENU

7)officexp-KB911701-FullFile-ENU

8)officexp-KB905649-FullFile-ENU

9)officexp-kb873379-fullfile-enu

your files you download must have the same extension (FullFile-ENU).

Create a folder in the root of the C:\ drive and name it "OXPupdates". Place all the downloaded files into the folder you created. Do not download mentioned Extract_Updates.cmd batch file afterwards mentioned in the guildline -it`s oudated; rather open new notepad file, this empty notepad file "save as" "Extract_Updates.cmd" and place this file in the same folder where the updates you downloaded reside in and as soon as done, copy following text to your new Extract_Updates.cmd file:

TITLE Office XP SP3 and Post-SP3 Extractor brought to you by www.MSFN.org CLS

@echo off

ECHO.

ECHO Extracting files....

ECHO.

OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

officexp-kb833858-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

officexp-kb921567-FullFile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

officexp-kb920821-FullFile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

officexp-kb914796-FullFile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

officexp-kb918420-FullFile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

officexp-kb911701-FullFile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

officexp-kb905649-FullFile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

officexp-kb873379-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\OXPupdates

ECHO Extraction Completed

pause

EXIT

Important note This cmd file is exactly for KB`s mentioned above. If you decide to download other/more or different KB`s don`t forget to edit cmd file otherwise thisone .cmd will not work to you..hope it`s clear.

Browse to just saved Extract_Updates.cmd file and double click on it - will perform all the extraction commands automatically for you. As soon as it finish you can delete your downloaded files, or move them to another location for backup purposes. (No worries if you find more files comparing to those on the screenshots, as I said it`s very old tutorial...I also suggest to back up hotfixes you downloaded as you may need it in the future.)

Now open another new Wordpad document and copy/past following text into it:

TITLE Office XP Slipstreamer brought to you by www.MSFN.org CLS

@echo off

ECHO.

ECHO Starting the Slipstreaming process of Office XP Updates

ECHO.

ECHO Slipstreaming Office XP Service Pack 3

ECHO Please wait...

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\MAINSP3ff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\OWC10SP3ff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\OWC10.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

ECHO.

ECHO Slipstreaming Office XP Post-SP2 Updates

ECHO Please wait...

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\EXCELff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\FP5AUTLff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\GPFILTff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\MSCONVff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\OLKINTLff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\SHAREDff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\VBE6.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\VSDEBUGff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

ECHO.

ECHO Slipstreaming Completed!

pause

EXIT

Save it as Office XP slipstreamer.cmd lets say on the desktop...as mentioned in the tutorial: All you have to do is execute the batch file from wherever you like and leave it to do the rest!

(Sh*t, I spent so much time with shrinking program so I can`t remember this step :lol: , but no worries, it`s correct and it will work)

Important note 2 This cmd file is exactly for KB`s mentioned above. If you decide to download other or different KB`s you therefore edited above 1st cmd file - Extract_Updates.cmd - so don`t forget to edit this cmd file also otherwise thisone will not work for you..hope it`s clear again... :whistle:

You have now Office XP with SP3 and post SP3 hotfixes slipstreamed! It should have som 620MB...Cool, isn`t it? Remember, your slipstreamed office folder lies in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\ so the full path to SETUP.EXE is C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\SETUP.exe ;This is just clarification so you can check if your progress is ok...

Now use tutorial to create The Custom Installation Wizard in section 3. It`s very very simple, wizard just creates .MST file in your full slipstreamed Office directory and it will tell to SETUP what to instal and what not to install, nothing else. And you don`t need to edit any batch file which is mentioned at the end, just leave it as is...so as soon as you create your own Unattended.MST file please return here so we can continue.

Done? Good. Now burn whole folder OfficeXP which lies in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\ to either CD-R or CD-RW, this is up to you...but we will need it.

Those of you who already added .Net Framework 1.1 to your XPCD and it`s Service Pack 1 and it`s Hotfix KB886903.exe, you may skip this part. If you didn`t already, please follow this Guidline, but use only these parts, don`t create any batch files as we will use RunOnceEx, remember? :

Download: .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 Redistributable

Using an extractor such as WinRAR, extract dotnetfx.exe to this folder: \$OEM$\$1\install\NetFramework\

Download: .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Copy the downloaded file to: \$OEM$\$1\install\NetFramework\

M$ also released hotfix to SP1 of Framework so download it here: KB886903

Copy the downloaded file also to: \$OEM$\$1\install\NetFramework\

It is not necessary or even possible to extract both SP1 and hotfix.

Finally, your \$OEM$\$1\install\NetFramework\ must contain following files:

- install.exe (96kB)

- Inst.Msi.exe (1,62MB)

- Inst.MsiW.exe (1,73MB)

- NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe (10,2MB)

- NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe (1,5 MB)

- netfx1.cab (13,9MB)

- netfx.msi (5,64MB)

If it doesn`t, return back and find where you did a mistake.

You can also use other ways how to get .NET Framework + SP1 and KB886903 to your XPCD, you can use nLite or any other software etc, I`m just describing my method...

We are now going to create RunOnceEx.cmd file so our Framework will be installed prior to running Office shrinker within the [clean] Virtual machine.

Important note: I assumed that Office Shrinker will only work with absolutely clean install of XP so I added SP2, hotfixes and Vindows Update v6 to my XP and my RunOnceEx starts with .NetFramework, then it continues with it`s SP1 ann Hotfix. That`s everything. Nothing else. So let`s go. First of all check if you have in your XPCD in C:\XPCD\$OEM$ folder cmdlines.txt. If yes, check it and if it contains following under [Commands] line:"RunOnceEx.cmd". If not, just enter it under [Commands] "RunOnceEx.cmd", if yes just simply close it. If you don`t have cmdlines.txt in mentioned folder, simply open new Notepad document and copy/paste following into:

[Commands]

"RunOnceEx.cmd"

Save this txt file to C:\XPCD\$OEM$ folder. Now browse to C:\XPCD\i386 and open WINNT.SIF file with notepad and find and remove the [GuiRunOnce] entries in it, as RunOnceEx can be used to replace [GuiRunOnce] completely. Although you can use both if needed for some reason, but they will both run at the same time, so use caution.

And finally - open new wordpad file and copy following lines into it, then save it as RunOnceEx.cmd in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\ folder:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing aplications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "NET FRAMEWORK 1.1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\NetFramework\netfx.msi /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "NET FRAMEWORK 1.1,SP1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\NetFramework\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "HOTFIX NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 SP1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\NetFramework\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\995 /VE /D "Cleaning and restart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\995 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

We now need to download cmdow.exe which is designed to hide your command line window from the end user. Place cmdow.exe into the \$OEM\$$\System32\ directory, so cmdow is copied over during Setup, and then the tool can be executed from anywhere without a direct path to the \Windows\System32 folder. If you don`t have "$$"and "System32" folders already in your C:XPCD then just simply create it.

Last two lines in our RunOnceEx.cmd tells to Setup to search and execute cleanup.cmd, this cmd will arrange that Install folder in your system drive of just freshly installed XP will be deleted. We therefore need to create cleanup.cmd.

Open new Notepad document and copy following lines into and then save it as cleanup.cmd in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\ folder:

cmdow @ /HID

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute..."

net user aspnet /delete

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\install\

EXIT

Easy, isn`t it? We are now ready to install our XPCD to Virtual Machine. What we need is (if you already have it just skip this part...):

vmware - virtual machine - it has free trial whose period should be more then enough to test our CD/DVDs. I think you`ll need to register to get trial version also, I don`t know, I get it from somewhere else :ph34r: . Don`t download vmware player as you will not need it.

ISO Creator for WinXP PRO (You can use any other software you like to create ISO from your C:XPCD, this is up to you.

If you have vmware installed just skip this part, if not follow this guide:vmware guide, scroll to the following part:VMWare Workstation Setup Guide. If you are familiar with vmware then simply execute ISO Creator for WinXP PRO or create ISO with your favourite software. Run vmware - you can set capacity of your virtual disk to 2 or 3 GB, more is not necessary. Don`t forget to check "Allocate disk space now" otherwise your virtual PC will not be able to recognize any disk.

Edit Virtual Machine as described in the guide: Click the CD-ROM entry on the left, then on the right, click the radio button for "Use ISO image". Browse to your CD image created just before a while. Click OK at the bottom to return the main screen.

Back at the main screen, click the GREEN ARROW button at the top to start the Virtual Machine, and continue as if it was a brand new system.

It will go through the XP setup, it depends on your unattended setup what SETUP ask you to specify. After final setup`s restart you will see box saying that .Net Framework and it`s SP+hotfix is installing. Then it restarts and we are now ready to use Office shrink! OMG

Now go back to your real system and using USB key or external disk or MP3 player copy shrink_lang02.exe to your USB device. Or use another CD-RW - just simply, we must get shrink_lang.exe to virtual machine. Do it like you want. Just one info, my nlited XP doesn`t support sharing so I never used it in virtual machine. I don`t know if it works so to eliminate doubts use USB or CD-R(RW) method. This works for sure... Then take your Office XP previously burned to CD-R or CD-RW and put it into your CD-ROM. Install shrink_lang.exe (I can`t remember if this has to be installed or just executed so I mentioned "Install") in virtual machine. Release cursor so you can leave virtual machine and in vmware edit your virtual machine/virtual XP settings - concretely your CD-ROM settings for virtual machine. Click the CD-ROM entry on the left, then on the right, click the radio button for "Use Physical Drive". Click OK and return to your virtual machine. You will now be able to see your OfficeXP CD in CD-ROM drive....

Create folder "office" in your C hardrive within your virtual machine XP. Run shrink_lang.exe. It will ask you for source office - go ahead, edit offered path in shrink to your CD so it should looks like D:\OfficeXP. Click OK and then shrink ask you for destinatioon folder so edit to C:\office (I can`t remember what it offers exactly as path...) Shrink will then ask you for SETUP.EXE file - give him thatone in CD and finally shrink asks for Unattended.MST file. Also choose thatone in CD...then start shrinking! You will probably get several errors that file is missing, don`t worry, let it work. It will take some 5-10 minutes, I really can`t remember. Finally it says that process finished. Click OK.

Browse to your C:\office folder and check it`s content. Mine consist of 1 folder (FILES) and 8 files (3x exe, 1x inf, 1x htm, 2x msi and also MST file. )

Check how big your office is - I have 128MB (I`m not going to compress it more at this stage) Now insert USB device (key, external HDD or so) and copy whole office folder to it. It will take some time - I remember mine`s took 20 minutes but it doesn`t matter. When you`re done, diconnect your USB device, shut down virtual XP and close vmware and return back to real XP. Delete not shrinked full OfficeXP folder from C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\ , once again connect USB device and copy whole folder "office" to C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\ . It will be much faster than in within virtual machine. Remane office folder to OfficeXP.

Only one thing needs to be done prior to testing if everything`s ok. We must edit RunOnceEx.cmd file we create in the past to tell the XP SETUP to install our slipstreamed and shrinked OfficeXP. Browse to C:\XPCD\$OEM$\ folder and right click on RunOnceEx.cmd Delete it`s content as its much easier to copy below lines to it than to explain where and waht to add...So delete it`s content and copy below lines to it:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing aplications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "NET FRAMEWORK 1.1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\NetFramework\netfx.msi /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "NET FRAMEWORK 1.1,SP1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\NetFramework\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "FIX FOR NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 SP1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\NetFramework\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "MS OFFICE WITH FRONTPAGE" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\OfficeXP\SETUP.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\995 /VE /D "Cleaning and restart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\995 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

Save RunOnceEx.cmd and....

...that`s it! You can edit names of future installed applications during XP setup in above .cmd file, it`s up to you. You can now test it - you know how to run virtual machine....I also recommend to leave above cmd.file`s numbering/applications install as you will need Framework in the future and it doesn`t matter if it is installed 1st or last. I`m just lazy and I don`t see any reason to change my sequence at the moment...lol

P.S. don`t ask me for other language support as I really don`t know. If you have questions regarding my method just PM me. I will also wlcome any suggestion as I`m really new to RunOnceEx and especially switches - I would change /qb switch in Office as I prefer really silent install of Office, thisone shows progress bar, any idea?...anyway...

Take care everybody!

LAST.ini

Edited by embe

• 1 month later...

i've tried to shrink office 2k3 for at least 10 times now, both on my PC and in VMware and it does not shrink at all

can some one help me or tell me wat am doin wrong

am planning on shrinking office to 36mb